Chapter 55

"Yah, Choi Y/N why are you so good with guns?" Eunbi asked when they were training on how to use guns properly. 

"Yeah, it's like you've used them before. You're a professional!" Yena exclaimed.

"Let's just say I have experience with them." Y/N simply answered.

"Did you notice how Ms. Yang stopped bothering you ever since you beat that record of hers?" Yena smiled. Ms. Yang still scolds other students, but she stopped scolding Y/N. 

"She does keep looking at you though. I think she's impressed with how you use the guns as well." Eunbi added.

"Class is finished. You can all leave. Choi Y/N please stay behind." Ms. Yang suddenly yelled and Yena and Eunbi looked at Y/N with raised eyebrows.

"She didn't hear us talking right?" Yena worried.

"Nah, that's impossible." Eunbi shook her head.

"You guys go. I'll be fine." Y/N assured them.

"Okay, see you Monday Y/N-ah." Eunbi and Yena bid their goodbyes.

"I see you have experience with guns." Ms. Yang said when she approached Y/N.

"You can say that, yeah."

"Do you know why I'm so hard on you?" The woman asked out of the blue.

"Because I talk back to you and you find that annoying." 

"That's not the reason. I actually know who you are Y/N-ssi." 

"W-what do you mean?" Y/N became confused.

"I know who's daughter you are. All the teachers know." Y/N raised her eyebrows upon hearing that. If they all know, then why is she still here? Why didn't they throw her out?

"I scold all my students a lot. Especially the ones that have talent. I knew you had talent from the very first day I saw you training. I'm not pushing you because I don't like you. I'm pushing you because I want you to become better." 

"Why? I mean why would you do that knowing that my dad is a gangster? Aren't you worried that I'm a spy or something?" Y/N questioned.

"I did my research on you and believe it or not there are many people here who were first in a gang or in the mafia. Including myself." The woman informed.

"Wait, what? You?"

"Yes. Me. I was in a gang when I was a teenager. Soon I realized that it wasn't what I wanted and then I became a cop."

"Oh wow. That's some new... information." Y/N is still confused.

"You remind me of myself a lot. I was just like you. I can see the passion burning in your eyes. I haven't had a student like that in years. You even beat my fucking record for God's sake." The woman laughed and Y/N joined. This is the first time that they're having a normal conversation.

"I'm sure you're going to become a good cop. That's why I will push you and scold you until you become even better. Don't take it personal. I actually do like you, I wish all my students were just like you but unfortunately most of them are weak and give up in the middle because they can't handle it." The woman explained.

"I know you had a difficult life, but believe me you made the right choice by coming here." Ms. Yang patted Y/N's shoulder.

"Thank you, Ms. Yang."

"Now, go home and rest for the weekend. You've worked hard this week. Also don't tell anyone about this conversation, I gotta maintain my reputation you know?" She laughed.