Chapter 38

"Aaaaah." Nayeon sighed in frustration as she sat down on Jihyo's couch.

"You seem frustrated, what's going on?" Jihyo asked.

"I've been looking for an apartment for months now, why is it so hard to find one?"

"Didn't you say that Y/N send you some nice apartments? Why don't you just call her?" Sana asked. The three of them are just hanging out at Jihyo's place.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Jihyo answered. 

"Why? Unnie needs an apartment and Y/N can help her." The Japanese woman raised her eyebrows.

"Yah, don't you remember what kind of mess unnie was when she broke up with Y/N? She's been doing fine without her, so she doesn't need Y/N back in her life." Nayeon just kept quiet. It's been two weeks since she saw Y/N at the office and she hasn't called Y/N back even though the girl did send her some nice apartments.

"I'm not saying that they should get back together, I'm just saying that Y/N will be able to put an end on the search for an apartment." Sana defended. Sana has been calling Y/N a lot lately, so she knows the girl is good at doing her job.

"Girls please stop. I'm having a headache." Nayeon stopped the two bickering women.

"If I don't find anything then I guess I'm gonna have to call Y/N." Nayeon added.

"Unnie, are you serious? What if she's back in the gang or something?" Jihyo asked.

"Jihyo-shi why are you disrespecting gangsters, huh? I feel offended. And for your information, Y/N was never part of the gang and I don't think she'll ever be." Sana defended once again. Jihyo seems to forget that Sana is a gangster sometimes.

"I don't get why you keep defending her. Shouldn't you be dealing with your current girlfriend instead of your ex-girlfriend?" Honestly, Jihyo is annoyed with how Sana keeps defending Y/N.

"Yah, why are you suddenly so mean? I'm not defending her, I can just see the change in her, okay?"

"I'm trying to protect you two. I don't want you guys to get hurt." Jihyo admitted.

"That's very sweet, Jihyo. But I think we'll be able to handle ourselves." Nayeon patted Jihyo's shoulder. 

"Exactly." Sana nodded.

"She's right about you though. You shouldn't get very close to Y/N again. You know Dahyun won't like that once she finds out about the past you had with her."  Nayeon suggested.

"She will never find out." 

"The truth always comes out, Sana-ssi." Jihyo sighed.

"Whatever. Unnie will you be going out with us tonight? Jihyo and I are going out with Dahyun and her friends." Sana asked the older girl.

"I'm not in the mood, Sana. Maybe next time."

"Yah, you haven't gone out with us for months. Just come please." Jihyo added.

"Ugh, fine. You two owe me." Nayeon gave in which made the two other women smile.

-----------------------------------

"Ah Chaeyoung-ah, what brings you here?" Y/N asked when Chaeyoung entered the office. There are no clients in the office right now anyways.

"Just wanted to visit my best friend, is that wrong?"

"Of course not. You can visit me anytime." Y/N smiled. It's rare for Chaeyoung to see Y/N smile like that.

"Oh Irene unnie, come here!" Y/N yelled to Irene who was doing some paperwork in the back.