Chapter 3

While Y/N was doing the assignment Nayeon was watching her. Y/N seemed troubled, 5 minutes passed and she still hasn't written a word.

"Having trouble?" 

"I don't know what to write." The student admitted.

"Just write about anything. It can be about your life, your intrests or hobbies." 

"I don't have any hobbies or intrests." 

"I'm sure there is something you like or enjoy doing, just think about that." Y/N doesn't like this assignment at all. She doesn't like talking about herself or things that she likes, so she just wrote about her favorite author and why she likes her.

"Here, I'm done." Y/N stood in front of her teacher with the assignment.

"Already? You only started writing 5 minutes ago."

"So? Is there a time limit? Why does it matter how long it took? Just take the assignment and grade it like a teacher should do. At least you saw that I wrote it myself and I didn't use any help either." Y/N got annoyed and Nayeon just took the assignment from her and told her to leave. 

"She's so rude aish." Nayeon mumbled to herself. Y/N heard it but she couldn't care less.

---------

After a long day at school Nayeon finally arrived home, but to her surprise someone was waiting in front of her door.

"Jeongyeon, what are you doing here?" 

"Can we talk, unnie?" Nayeon just nodded and let her in her appartment. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were girlfriends. They dated for 3 years but they only broke it off a week ago. It was hard for the both of them.

"I miss you unnie." Jeongyeon said as she sat down.

"Jeongyeon-ah please don't do this. Don't make it harder than it already is." Truth is they both still love each other but their relationship wasn't healthy anymore. The last 6 months of their relationship only consisted of fighting, yelling and screaming. It was toxic.

"It's just so hard without you by my side." Jeongyeon admitted.

"I know, it's also hard for me. But you know that we couldn't keep going Jeongyeon. We both need to move on, but I can't move on if you keep showing up like this, so please don't come here anymore." Nayeon begged.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I'm making it harder for the both of us like this. Maybe we can be friends in the future?" 

"Yeah, maybe." Nayeon slightly nodded. 

"How is your new job, do you like it?" Jeongyeon knows she should leave, but she can't. She misses Nayeon a lot.

"It's good, it's a nice school." The two have never been this awkward with each other. It was uncomfortable honestly.

"I'll get going now." Jeongyeon stood up and walked to the door.

"Jeongyeon?" Nayeon stopped her.

"Yes?" Jeongyeon turned around.

"Good luck. You deserve the best in the world. I hope life treats you well." Nayeon said weakly.

"Same goes to you." Jeongyeon smiled weakly and left the appartment. As soon as she left, tears rolled down her face. She regrets treating Nayeon badly. She's the reason their relationship became toxic, but it's too late to fix it now. She needs to let go of Nayeon if she wants her to be happy.

Nayeon felt sad after Jeongyeon left. She admits that her feelings for Jeongyeon have faded and that she hated how her ex-girlfriend treated her, but she still loves her, and she knows she will never stop loving the girl, since she was a huge part of the teacher's life.

Nayeon needed to take her mind off of her past relationship, so she decided to read her students assignments. Some of them were well written others were lacking a bit. She's happy with their level of English since she expected worse. Mina's writing was definitely the best she has read so far. There was only one assignment left to read and it was Y/N's.

The teacher didn't expect much from Y/N's assignment, but when she read it she had to double check if it was actually Y/N's. Of course it is hers, the student made the assignment right in front of her, but it was still hard to believe, because it was very good... There were no spelling nor grammar mistakes and the style she used to write was very well. Ms. Im didn't expect her rude student to be this good at English. Another surprise was that Y/N wrote about an author.

"So she's good in English and likes to read, huh?" Nayeon chuckled to herself. How can it be that her rudest and troublesome student is actually her best student? Nayeon is growing curious about Y/N. She wants to find out more.

---------------

The 6 friends were sitting at the cafeteria having lunch like usual. 

"Y/N unnie, we're going to hang out tomorrow after school. Do you want to join?" Chaeyoung asked. She knows Y/N is going to say no, but she still tries.

"No, I have something to do." 

"Yah, you never hang out with us. You always have stuff to do!" Momo yelled. 

"Yeah, and we don't even know what that stuff is. I hope you're not doing illegal stuff." Mina chuckled.

"You know I'm not like that. I just need to take care of some things." This is the answer that Y/N gives them all the time. Her friends are really curious about what she actually does. They have tried asking her many times but the answer is always the same. Y/N doesn't even give a hint about what she's up to. 

"What can it even be? We all know you don't study and you also don't have a job so what the hell are you doing?" Tzuyu joined the conversation. 

"Stop asking. You know I'm not going to answer that question." Y/N sighed. She's really annoyed right now. She wishes her friends would stop asking her these questions. 

"I need to go to my locker. I need to get some books." Mina stood up, changing the subject, which Y/N was grateful for.

"I'll come with you." Chaeyoung stood up as well and the two left.

"Guys, don't you think there's something going on between the two? They spend the entire summer together and they seem to be closer than ever." Momo asked. Dahyun and Tzuyu noticed it as well. Y/N didn't notice it, but now that she thinks about it, they're right. She's seen Chaeyoung getting nervous around Mina a lot lately. They would be cute Y/N thought to herself.

--------------