Chapter 4

Y/N is now sitting with Dahyun in her History class, which is taught by Ms. Park Jihyo. Y/N actually likes history, she thinks it's interesting. She acts like she's not paying any attention in class but she's actually listening to everything that the teacher is saying. 

"Choi Y/N, are you paying attention?" Ms. Park asked who noticed Y/N using her phone.

"No." Y/N smiled and shook her head. Ms. Park is familiar with Y/N. She was her history teacher last year as well and Jihyo knows that the student is actually paying attention but is pretending not to. Her grades show that she does. 

Jihyo was about to say something but the bell rang indicating that class ended. Ms. Park went to the teacher room and saw Nayeon and Sana talking, so she joined their conversation.

"Jihyo, can I ask you something? You teach Y/N as well don't you?" Nayeon asked and Jihyo just nodded.

"How is she doing in your class? I mean grade-wise." 

"Good, actually. She's not a straight A student but she's not doing bad either. Most of the times she gets B's, occasionally A's. That's why I don't throw her out of my class even though she disturbs my lessons many times. She surprisingly has good grades." Jihyo explained. Nayeon thought Y/N was only doing good in her class but apparently she's doing good in other classes as well. It doesn't make sense.

"I guess you found out about Y/N being fluent in English, that's why you're asking this question." Sana was Y/N's English teacher last year so she knows that the student is fluent in English.

"Yeah, it doesn't make sense." 

--------

Nayeon was teaching her class peacefully until she heard voices coming from the back of the class. Of course it's Y/N disturbing her class again. Nayeon sighed and went to the back standing in front of Y/N.

"What are you doing?" 

"Nothing, what are you doing?" Y/N smirked. Here she goes with that annoying smirk again. 

"What is the answer to the question that I just asked?"

"I don't know, how am I supposed to know?" The student chuckled. Ms. Im knows Y/N is lying. She's 100% sure that she knows the answer.

"Ah looking at your grades, I would think that you know. You're my best student after all." Y/N became speechless, she didn't expect her teacher to say that in front of the whole class. All students eyes were on Y/N. Everyone was looking at her with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. 

"What? You don't need to hide the fact that you're fluent in English, Y/N. It's something you should be proud of." Again all students were in shock. Y/N always acted like she didn't know a word in English and now her teacher is saying that she's actually fluent? 

Mina, Momo and Dahyun locked eyes with each other. They didn't know about this either. It feels like they don't know Y/N at all. 

"Stop talking bullshit. You know I'm not fluent at all." Y/N said after a whole minute. Luckily for her the bell rang right after.

"Class is done. You can all leave now." All the students stood up and left the class except for Y/N.

"What the hell was that for?" Y/N burst out in anger.

"I've warned you Y/N. I've told you many times to not disturb my class and you keep doing it. I know this class is too easy for you and that it's boring for you but it isn't easy for the other students so you have no right to disturb my class."

"And you have no fucking right to announce my grades like that!"

"Why is it so bad for them to know? Isn't it good to have good grades? Why are you so embarrassed about it??" Nayeon was losing her patience. Having good grades is something good, but Y/N keeps acting like it's something bad. 

"That's none of your business. Just leave me alone okay?" Truth is Y/N doesn't want anyone to know about her good grades because she doesn't want anyone to know about her intelligence and her personal life. She's always trying to hide as much about herself as possible. She thinks that when people know she's intelligent, they will use her. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that. You're still my student. Look Y/N, how about you follow an advanced English program? I'm already teaching it to some students of mine who are good in English, including Mina. It will help with your college appliance. You'll have a higher chance of getting in." Nayeon suggested.

"No, I don't need it." The student shook her head.

"What do you mean? This class is too easy for you and you'll do great in the advanced program. It's really beneficial for college."

"It's not beneficial for me since I'm not going to college." Ms. Im was in shock by what Y/N said. 

"W-what? Why?"

"Because I don't want to go to college, it's a waste of time." 

"Don't be ridicilous Y/N. You have the grades and you have the potential, it would be stupid to not go to college. You have high chances of succeeding Y/N, don't let it go to waste like that." It's true that Nayeon does think Y/N can be succesful in the future. Her job is to push her students to their best and reach their fullest potential but Y/N is not working along at all.

"How would you know? You're just my teacher. You don't know anything about me or what I want, and college is one of the things that I don't want, so don't waste your energy, it's not happening." Nayeon admits that those words hurt her. Even though she finds Y/N annoying as fuck, it still makes her sad that Y/N is throwing away her future like that.

"Oh sorry am I disturbing you?" Ms. Minatozaki entered the room who was looking for Nayeon.

"No, we're done talking anyways. Bye Ms. Im, bye Ms. Minatozaki." Y/N said and walked out of the room. 

"What happened? Why is she angry again?" Sana asked curiously.

"She told me that she doesn't want to go to college." Nayeon sighed.

"And why are you surprised? It's clear that she doesn't like school. So it's not a shock that she doesn't want to go to college."

"There's just something not right Sana, I can feel it. If she doesn't care about school at all, then why does she have good grades? Why doesn't she skip her classes?" Nayeon is really confused about this student of hers. She thought that Y/N would be easy to handle since Nayeon has dealt with students like this before but Y/N's behaviour is something else. It's something that she hasn't seen before. She's trying to connects the dots but she's failing to do it.

"She used to skip her classes a lot, but she got a warning. That's why she doesn't do it anymore. And about her grades I can't answer that honestly. Why do you even care so much about her, unnie?" Nayeon doesn't know why that annoying student of hers keeps her mind occupied. There is something about the student that attracts the teacher, but Ms. Im can't seem to know what it exactly is. 

"I don't know. She's challenging me and makes me mad but after all she's still my student and I think I can change her mind and maybe even change her attitude." 

"Many teachers have tried it, unnie. No one has ever succeeded however you seem to be dealing with her differently, so it might work." Sana has tried it herself as well, but she gave up shortly after.

-------------