Chapter 7

"Waaah, Y/N you're back!" Momo yelled when she saw her friend approaching their group.

"Yes, yes, I'm back."

"How were the 3 days of suspension?" Dahyun asked.

"It was okay, it passed pretty fast." Y/N simply answered.

"How come you didn't get expelled? Everyone is saying that you almost killed Jennie." Tzuyu asked. Yes, rumor is going around that Y/N almost killed Jennie which isn't true at all. 

"Yah, I didn't almost kill her. And I didn't get expelled because Ms. Im saw what happened and she told them the situation."

"So Ms. Im basically saved you? I'm glad she did though." Momo patted Y/N's shoulder.

"She asked me the other day about you." Mina suddenly joined the conversation.

"Who?" Y/N was confused about what Mina was talking about.

"Ms. Im, she asked me when you were coming back." Y/N doesn't know why but it made her happy that Ms. Im wanted to know when Y/N was coming back.

"Ah, she did?" Y/N acted like she didn't care at all.

--------------------

Today Y/N is coming back to school and Nayeon was low key excited to see Y/N back in her class. Nayeon was already in the classroom waiting for her students to arrive. 

"Good morning, Ms. Im." Dahyun smiled to her teacher. Y/N was walking behind Dahyun and secretly glanced at her teacher.

"Good morning Dahyun-ah. Good morning to you too Y/N." Y/N got startled, she didn't expect Ms. Im to greet her.

"Good morning, seongsaengnim." Y/N smiled weakly.

"Why do you always call me seongsaengnim?" It's something that Nayeon just noticed now. The student keeps calling her seongsaengnim.

"Well, aren't you my seongsaengnim?" Y/N raised her eyebrows.

"She only calls you like that, Ms. Im. She's never said that to another teacher." Momo suddenly interrupted.

"Yeah, it's true." Dahyun confirmed. Y/N didn't even notice herself that Ms. Im is the only teacher that she calls seongsaengnim. Nayeon just smiled and told them to take a seat.

"Does anyone know the answer to question three?" The teacher asked but no one answered.

"Y/N? Do you know the answer?" Nayeon knows it's risky to ask Y/N for the answer. She knows the student is either going to answer with "I don't know." or "Ask someone else."

"It's B." The rude student simply answered.

"That's right." Nayeon smiled. Y/N's attitude is slowly changing and she likes to believe that she's a part of that change. 

"You can all leave now, class is finished. Y/N can you stay back?" Aish, what does she need again?

"I'll join you guys later at lunch." Y/N let her friends know and walked towards Ms. Im.

"What is it?" 

"Are you free after school?" Y/N widened her eyes. 

"That's a creepy question, seongsaengnim." Y/N chuckled.

"Yah! I didn't mean it like that. Listen, every monday after school I teach little kids English with Ms. Minatozaki, but Ms. Minatozaki is sick so I need someone to fill in for her." 

"And you want me to do that? Why?"

"Because you're my best student and the only one that can help me with that." Nayeon was desperate she can't teach those kids all by herself.

"Sorry, I can't help you with that." Y/N was about to leave but Nayeon spoke up again.

"You'll get paid." That made Y/N suddenly interested.

"What time? And where?" 

"It's actually at my place, just come here after your last class and we'll go together." Y/N just nodded. It's going to make her uncomfortable to go to her teacher's house but she needs the money and if she can do that by teaching some annoying children a bit of English she'll happily take it.

------------------------

"Why did Ms. Im ask you to stay back?" Mina asked as soon as Y/N joined their table.

"She asked me for a favor. She wants me to help her teach some kids English."

"And you said yes?" Tzuyu asked.

"Yepp." Her friends all looked at each other smiling.

"Why are all of you smiling like that? It's creeping me out." Y/N said when she noticed her friends looking weirdly at each other. 

"It's just ever since Ms. Im became our teacher, your attitude became bearable." Chaeyoung said and everyone nodded.

"What do you mean by bearable? My attitude was already bearable." 

"No, it wasn't. We're glad Ms. Im is bringing the good out of you." Momo smiled. 

"Hey Y/N." Someone said from behind and Y/N turned to see that it was Kim Minju.

"Oh hey, Minju." Minju and Y/N have a past, well kind of. They were good friends and there were obviously some feelings involved from both sides but Y/N suddenly stopped talking to her and Minju still doesn't know why.

"I think this is yours. I found it in the classroom." Minju is always shy around Y/N. She still has feelings for the girl but she knows that Y/N isn't interested.

"Aah, it is mine. Thanks." Y/N smiled weakly and took the book that Minju has brought.

"No problem." Minju said shyly and left.

"She obviously still has feelings for you. Why did you even reject her? As far as I know you had a huge crush on her back in the day." Chaeyoung asked.

"I just don't like her that way." Y/N lied.

"Aish, stop lying. You were devestated when you rejected her." It is true that Y/N had feelings for Minju but she didn't want the girl to find out about her miserable life and about the fact that she's poor. So she had no choice but to reject her. Minju comes from a very rich family and she was scared that the girl was going to look down on her because she's poor.

---------------------