Chapter 8

It was almost pitch black inside the KIB dungeon if not for the only bulb blinking above the blindfolded man, tied on a metal chair.

He was conscious and patiently waiting for his kidnapper's arrival when the clinking of chains and then finally click of a lock was heard. The man remained calm despite the heavy and multiple footsteps that were approaching him.

Namjoon : You seem to be quite the composed prisoner, Han Wang. It's actually hard to identify your fear or intention of escaping.

Namjoon states, watching his face for any void of reaction to cross through his features.

Han Wang : Aren't you the under boss of KIB headquarters, officer Kim? How come you're so clueless about what a prisoner like me could be thinking or even capable at such situation?

Namjoon : Well, Wang's aren't just any random prisoner now, are they? How easy do you think breaking out of KIB headquarters is?

Han Wang : It's wise to know your new generation aren't as clueless as I thought you were about us. I am impressed.

Namjoon : We give credit to those who earn it, Wang. It's up to them what they chose to earn.

Han Wang : Hm, fair enough. So enlighten me officer, for what reason I'm at your mercy?

Namjoon : You're enough experienced to already discover your wrong move that bought you here under our grasp.

Han Wang : Oh, don't be so full of yourself, Kim. What if the reason why you abducted me, I don't have any hand in it to even begin with? Wouldn't want the world to know that KIB sucks at catching their culprits, right? That'll be too humiliating for it's reputation.

Namjoon : And what if we caught the right one, hm, Mr. Wang?

Han Wang : then I'd say, you shouldn't waste your time on useless interrogation and just get to the point right away.

Namjoon : Agent Reed. Where is she?

Han Wang : Isn't that the one who was burned alive along many others years ago?

Namjoon : We'll be pleased if you'd skip the play-dump part, Han Wang. A week was enough for that play, now is the spilling part so drop it while I'm being nice.

Han Wang : I am being honest. I don't have any idea who you're talking about and the rest is up to you. If you want to believe, believe it. If not, you're free to try your ways with me. I have no objections.

Namjoon : Alright then, I'll be taking your suggestion, no more foreplay or warning. You asked for it yourself.

Namjoon turned on his heels and faced the two bodyguards before nodding to them who returned with a curt nod before escorting Namjoon out and closing the door behind him.

Han Wang let out sigh of boredom before he was covered in multiple electric wires.

And few moments later shrinking screams were echoing outside the closed doors of that dungeon.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

"Did he spoke?"

The silhouette of the man questions while his back remained facing Namjoon who just came out of the KIB dungeon.

Namjoon : He did. But not what we wanted him to,

Namjoon sighs before completing.

Namjoon : He refused to acknowledge Y/n.

Namjoon answers negatively, dissapointment lacing his voice.

"His denial to her existence is the evidence of his lies. Continue the torture, pause only to keep his pulse beating. He'll be the bait we need to reach her. "

Silence.

Namjoon : What if we are tageting the wrong bait? Couldn't this be possible for Jackson to do this all on his own? Or even, it could all be just a mere coincidence of him escaping and her-

"I don't believe in coincidences, Kim. So doesn't her brother."

The man says before craning his neck back a little.

"Especially when it involves Wang bloodline and my wife."