Chapter 38

Y/n is nearing her nine month.

And she was getting thin each passing week now and never in a normal mood. Jungkook was worried and they had checkups regularly. But the doctors don't exactly eleborate him enough or more like any understandable explanation other than the same sentence with the  nerve-wracking polite smile each checkup visit.

'She's going to be okay.'

He would have blamed it for the usual morning sickness and mood swings but it would be only him denying the truth. Y/n was acting strange.

And for someone who has been so bright and active during the entire pregnancy, the past few weeks were so much different.

She still smiles, but now it just doesn't reach her eyes. As if she's rotting from inside while her flesh masked it for everyone else to not see. Jungkook knew, her date was close. And he wasn't gonna let her out of his sight for the slightest second. His guts keep telling him he has to be here no matter what happens in the next few days. And the unusual behavior of his wife only made him even more alert.

'But can we really prevent what our fate has planned for us tomorrow?'

Never.

It was a monday morning, around 8 o'clock when the security alarm buzzed. Noticfying a presence at their door.

Y/n was deep in her sleep while Jungkook was just done with their breakfast preparation when he noticed. With confusion coating vessels, Jungkook checks the cctv before heading for their entrance door.

It was a post boy.

After signing the paper, Jungkook mumbles an inaudible thanks to the guy before closing the door behind him softly while eyeing the white envelope in his hand.

He debated the pros and cons for several minutes and then tores it from the top and a letter slips out of it.

His frown deepened. Who could possibly send them a letter? A thought crossed over his mind which refrained him from unfolding the letter immediately.

What if it was a conspiracy from someone who was after him? Could he really afford to pay attention to it knowing he didn't need any type of distractions at the moment?

He was about to tear the paper in shreds when another part of him stopped him.

What if it was related to Y/n and the secret she's been stomping deep inside of her heart? What if he was given a chance to prevent the storm  and regrets later not acknowledging it?

The turmoil invading his sense and  before he realized what he was doing, he had already unfolded the letter.
His eyes started to travel through the words written from the top.

'Someone is investigating Y/ns past. And threats are only getting serious with each time. 39 hours to sunset, Miami-B.'

K. T

Y/n : Is everything okay, Jungkook?

In reflex he crumbled the paper in his plam and hid it at his side before facing his worried wife who just then came down the end the stairs.

She was still in her nightgown. Bed hair and freckles coating her bare face.

'And woman think they look their worst in their last months of pregnancy'_ Jungkook thought to himself before discreetly putting the letter in his back pocket. And walks towards Y/n who still wore tensed expression.

Cupping her chin in his hands he pecked her on forehead lovingly.

Jungkook : morning my beautiful wife. Nothing much honey, just some random posts came. How'd you sleep?

Y/n : I woke up because of you....you know how I hate it when I wake up alone in bed.

Y/n says with a faint hint of grogginess in her tone after a peaceful night in days. Jungkook only smiles at her lovingly before giving her a small kiss on the lips and says,

Jungkook : sorry. I just wanted to prepare something different for breakfast today.

Y/n : Aren't breakfasts different every day?

Jungkook chuckles and gestures towards the table her but she resists.

Y/n : I need to brush and shower first. I stink.

Jungkook tugs on her arm and stoled another peck from her.

Jungkook : Hardly noticeable...

Y/n scoffs before detaching herself and headed for their bedroom.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

Y/n was chewing on a meat roll when she looks up at Jungkook yet again in the last 25 minutes. Still pondering over his thoughts silently.

Dropping her chopsticks beside her plate a little too dramatically, immediately gaining the attention she intended for.

Jungkook : you okay, honey?

Y/n : no.

Jungkook gets alarmed. And crouched down before her to inspect what was wrong, if it was again her swollen feet or rashes.

Jungkook : are you having muscle cramps..

Jungkook looks for anything discomforting while asking her. But she instead goes straight to the point without beating a second.

Y/n : I need words Jungkook, it's too obvious that something is going on inside that head of yours. So, stop denying and tell me what is it about?

Jungkook : it's not-

Y/n : Deny one more time and I'm staying locked for the entire day at the bedroom.

His mouth shuts down right then. If he knew something about pregnancy mood swings, Jungkook would say to never ever underestimate when a pregnant woman is threatening. If not every woman then not to his wife at least. Because she meant it and is very much capable of doing so.

After a minute or two when she still had the same aura radiating off of her, he sighs. Accepting defeat.

Jungkook : it's V. There is something... some issues and he's unable to talk about it from there.

Y/n : ask him to visit us here then.

Jungkook : we cannot. He'll be risking our location. It hasn't been that long and some might still be lurking in shadows for a loop to find us.

They remain silent for a few minutes before Y/n speaks.

Y/n : Then you need to go.

Jungkook looks up at her abruptly, ready to disagree when Y/n continues.

Y/n : He's still adapting to the responsibilities and if you expect he'll manage somehow just because he's been working with you for years then you're wrong. He wouldn't have reached out to you if it wasn't serious, you know that. And about me being alone, you should know I still got Yoongi to look after me.

Jungkook was still unable to consider it. His first priority was Y/n and he couldn't leave her at such sensitive time of her pregnancy.

Y/n : Drop me off at his place, if it helps to dim your concern. But you have to go, trust me, I'm sure everything would be solved when you come back.

And he trusted her. For the first time after so long, she had asked him to trust her. So he did.

But little did he knew, he shouldn't have.