Chapter 30

Jungkook : however, we couldn't take any risks as A/n pointed so....why not experiment it on you first, Jackson?

His eyes flashed. And the composure he had been putting off untill now had crumbled.

Gritting his teeth Jackson let out.

Jackson : as you wish.

Taking the syringe from Ji Sooyeons hand Jungkook walks closer to Jackson and motioned the gaurd behind him to untie his hands.

Jungkook : I hope for you to be smart Wang...

Jungkook warns before placing the shot into Jacksons palm and watches as how he eyes the object in his hand.

With almost painful seconds of patience Jackson brings the syringe near his arm and almost injected him when he suddenly pushed Ji Sooyeon before he went for Y/n within seconds.

Whatever made Jackson thought he could execute with his attempt was in vain because before he even reached the A/n who stood at the beds foot, he was yanked back and on the floor hard.

He groaned when Jungkook came into his line of vision.

Jungkook : I warned you Jackson..

Jackson chuckles in disdain.

Jackson : what did you expect, Jeon...that I would buy your bullshit and let her regain conscious....never.

Jackson : I know well than anyone to never trust what a rival says to be the truth....I knew I wasn't gonna get away after she's cured anyway so why not satisfy myself with your loss first?

Jackson sneers.

Jungkook : you're right....but did that end up as you predicted?

Jacksons face contorted into displeasure and Jungkook smiled in satisfaction as he answered his own question.

Jungkook : no.

Before realization dawned upon him, Jungkook motioned V towards the box that had carried the two syringes earlier.

Jackson followed the direction and panic awoke in his veins as he began to go hysterical.

Jackson : no.. No! You son of a bitch! I'll kill you! All of you! Let go of me you mo-arghh!

The gaurds who held him down all while twisted his arm until there was a audioable crack on his shoulder blade. Jackson growled loudly while none felt sympathy towards his visible suffering.

When V comes forward with the box in his hand Jungkook replaces the green syringe with the yellow one before he looks over Jackson first who stil trashed against the gaurd despite the twisted shoulder blade he now carried.

Jungkook : the antidote......

Jungkook thoughts out loud before he looks at A/n and Ji Sooyeon who were standing by the beds side.

After an invisible agreement Jungkook walks closer to Ji Sooyeon and looks down at Y/n.

Jungkook : do it..

Ji Sooyeon looks over his shoulder, at Jacksons trashing self who now glared  back at his mother.

For a few seconds the mother inside of her felt pathetic at herself for letting her own child suffer while she failed to notice the little change that came to the heart monitor beside her.

Y/ns breathing was slowly turning into shallow as A/n and other saw but didn't know what to do as Sooyeon seemed to be dazed while starring at Jackson.

But not long before she snapped out as a hand rested on her shoulder in comfort.

Kang Yeong : hey....you're not at fault for any of these, Sooyeon. Please....don't let a mother take over justice.

He spoke softly concealing the panic even he could feel now.

Closing her glistening eyes Ji Sooyeon took a sharp intake of breath, gathering herself before she could become blinded by motherly love.

Jungkook : she's pregnant....

Ji Sooyeons eyes opened wide while Kang Yeongs neck practically snapped at Jungkook in pure shock and astonishment as he revealed something the two never expected.

Jungkook : t-they don't have much time left...so please.

For the first time ever, Kang Yeong saw a vulnerability in Jeon Jungkook.

The man knew and saw enough. Kept all the information about the heir Jeon Woo Jung had raised into. One could even state Kang Yeong watched him growing into the animal he was now. He saw many obstacles coming and going, betraying him to the point where he became immune to emotions.

But never did anything happen that could weaken his resolve to the point where he could look so helpless. And today he looked and was, helpless.

Ji Sooyeons eyes went to Y/n and a painful tug on her heart made her resolve strong again. She was a mother and she couldn't do injustice to another who suffered much more than her without any fault.

A new determination sparkled inside of her as she looked back at Jungkook and took the antidote from his clutch before sitting on the stool near the white bed.

Jackson : Mom! You cannot do this...y-you are supposed to always be on my side. I'm your son! For fucks sake! Mom!

Jacksons screaming only grew louder as Ji Sooyeon dapped Y/ns arm with the wet cotton until she was ready to inject her.

Jackson : You'll be nothing but a pathetic mother! You betrayed him and me, you own fucking child! You're a fucking whore! You'll never be happy after this!

Every word he utterd sputtered cut deep and deeper through her heart but Ji Sooyeon held onto her self without wavering even the slightest.

Sparing the most painful glance to her son she returned her eyes to the unconscious girl in front of her. And carefully pushed the needle into Y/ns arm and pressed it until the entirety of the green substance was flowing through her veins.

Among the screams and growling the heart monitor beeped as Y/ns breathing changed again and as if time had stopped the countdown of the final battle they all fought with her. All eyes glimmered in victory when suddenly,

Gunshot!

The ear piercing gunshot made the screams stop as a bullet hole now could be seen upon Jacksons forehead.

And then at last, a tear finally made it's way down Ji Sooyeons left eye as her her resolve crumbles when an agonizing scream leaves her mouth.