Chapter 20

Few years before...

After 2004 incident, KIB wasn't supposed to be existing. Tho that never stopped Big Boss to keep trying his best.

And despite the impossibility, people who are way scarred to heal comes to the light of KIB and went under trainings to end corruption and corrupted people.

Kim Seok Jin, the eldest son and one of the under-going trainee for KIB of 2004s was one of those.

Among many deaths of 2004s fire incident, Kims were never meant to be one. However as the saying goes, 'We're born only when we're fated and we die only when we're fated'.

Lieutenant Kim Dan-sung and his wife Mrs. Kim Ji-young, was invited to the gathering at KIB headquarters on that unfortunate day of 2004.

While many of deads were identified and familes were compensated for their loss, some weren't even acknowledgized being present there.

Kim brothers were some of them.

Despite loosing their parents and not even being acknowledgized by the world among the martyr's, the eldest son, Kim Seok Jin resumes his training along the fews who were onto the mission of re-developing KIB.

And then the time came when agent Seok Jin was an official and was on minor to serve operations. Meanwhile the second Kim, Kim Namjoon went under training while the youngest was still focused on his studies.

After two successful operations by agent SeokJin and total seven through KIB, came one unexpected operation to SeokJin that turned into a failure and he gets caught.

Wangs.

A bloodline that had been involved in all the illegal and black market socity no matter how big or minor that is. However, they had always stayed under the rader comparing their rivals thus never caught the wrong attention until that very one time.

SeokJin was one of those few agents who would rather be tortured to death than stain his loyalty. And that's exactly what his conclusion was.

Dead.

Wang's tried every type of torture on him, made him suffer, searched for any mental-emotional weakness but nothing worked on him. At a point, one could have mistaken him not even being a human.

And when Han Wang reversed his mind with every piece of this mess he got suspicious of this being related to KIB. So, when nothing was matching this puzzle, Jackson asked and made his father play the trick card.

They used SeokJin as bait and waited for any reaction from anyone anonymous.

And their suspicious got confirmed when Big Boss asked for a negotiation for the sake of SeokJin. At first, Han tried to negotiate but when he failed to make Big Boss come to the light he decided to blackmail directly.

He asked for 2004s fire incidents every detail, specifically, the agents information along their families.

Wang thought, KIB wouldn't be able to handle this kind of situation under pressure rationally considering they were had been newly built. Because it's impossible to develop strong mindset among agents in such short time where one is willing to sacrifice and other fight back without letting any emotions or fears consuming them.

And even if they did managed, they wouldn't have any other option than sacrificing their agent. Which would lead them to making a new enemy in their own circle.

However, Big Boss wasn't someone new to this so he knew exactly what the Wang was playing at. So he choosed to make this decision with the consent and opinions from every single agents from their agency.

Including Kim Namjoon, a trainee who was the younger brother of SeokJin.

After that when they refused to kneel to Wangs blackmail, two days later they received a package from Wangs.

'To KIB and Kim family'_was written upon the package in red ink.

It was SeokJin's body. In pieces.

The sight was terrifying, and any sane person would be traumatized with only one glimpse. And Namjoon wasn't any exception. He was given the option of withdraw from his training and future job but he didn't hesitate when he said,

"I will join KIB and serve my entire life with loyalty. "

Some called him selfless, some selfish. Some said he was bribed, some said he wanted his brothers position.

But Namjoon only followed what his father always taught him.

"Loyalty seeks sacrifice. And sacrifices are scary. But a true soilder should never hesitate to sacrifice, because even if the outcome is as small as a drop of water, it's for good."

And what his brother once told him before he was even a trainee.

"Courage is daring. And it's hard to be courageous. But being a coward makes you taken for granted. And it never ends until you are dead."

And starting at that point of life his journey began as an official agent.
With Namjoon and some other important agents, KIB leaped back to their powerful position once again.

After a little time, Big Boss dissapeared for the world as well for KIB itself. He still gave informations and orders on rather prime missions but never came to light afterwards.

Only few agents had seen him and knew his whereabouts which included Jimin, Namjoon and Y/n. But most of them couldn't make a long route as a KIB member thus, now left as sacrifices and martyr's in their history.

By then KIB and Wangs had agreed on a unsaid mutual term. They kept their paths separate, until Y/n came to the picture.

The night Y/n first met Jackson, she didn't knew his identity neither him being connected to Min industries. But after the rape and tortures she went through, KIB had him on their  target board.

And despite it was Wang who dared to cross his line, breaking their mutual agreement by touching one KIB agent being aware of their identity, they became adamant on taking down KIB this time.

And the chase resumed when Y/n regained her memories, Jackson got caught and Han Wang kept his hunt on who exactly was this Big Boss.

Until.......