Chapter 24

'Who are you?'

Daniel asked as the wheels inside his head kept rotating but he failed to understand what role did the woman sitting before him played in his father's life.

Surely she wasn't his reason for never bothering to look for his missing son, was she? Or the reason he wasn't effected after the death of his family rather playing the role as some godfather of some other girl who was in the fire as him.

Woman : I am the one and only person who knows how to contact your father, Daniel. And before you come to any sort of conclusions regarding his relation with me, yes, I'm his informer.

Daniel : and?

The woman chuckled, rather impressed than offended as one would be.

Woman : we're in a relationship.

Daniel : or extra metirial affair.

Woman : love interest, I dare say.

Daniel : so? why is he or you suddenly have taken an interest in seeking out an old stain he left to fade away.

Woman : I wouldn't dare to say 'I can understand' because none of us are interested in false comfort. But if you must know something, is that he never took you as such you put.

Woman : the reason he abdoned or never bothered to seek out was because he couldn't risk the possibility of anyone knowing your existence. He couldn't let you become a pawn for people to reach and weaken him than he already was. And if you'd let me, I could enlighten you more than you think you know about your father and this mess we all are in.

Daniel : so being aware of the fact that his own son being alive but putting a blind eye as where he was or even if he is living, was right?

Woman : like I said Daniel, there's more to it than what you think you know.

Daniel : tsk....

Woman : everything happens for a reason, that much you should already know. And you being summoned...

Daniel : I wasn't summoned.

Woman : ...has a proper reason too. And before you ask me, yes, it's because I am following what your father asked me to.

Woman : Han Wang, I'm sure you're aquintanced with this name.

Daniel nods in affirmative.

Woman : some time back, before Jackson Wang had escaped KIB headquarters, Han Wang had captured 3 rumored individual. And one among them was you, which was your trick. And therefore, you came across your past. Soon you escaped from their clasp cuz they recognized your identity. Correct?

Daniel : how do you-

Woman : answer in yes or no, Daniel.

Daniel : yes but-

Woman : and there after you went out of reach for everyone, including Jeon Jungkook who is your 'employer'. But by then, Han Wang had found out that you were the heir to KIB, only son of Kang Yeong or Big Boss as the rest addresses him. And then, Jackson escaped, began seeking Kang Yeong but failed and settled on finding out his weakness. You. And in the mean time they came across Y/n as another pawn to reach their goal.

Daniel : they plan to blackmail Jungkook through Y/n, who is the only weakness he has now to get to me, and then I, to my father.

Woman : precisely but, it's not them now. Only Jackson, who will force Jungkook to summon you anytime from now.

Daniel : what of Han Wang? He's the prime in this, isn't he?

Woman : Was. Not anymore.

Daniel : why?

Woman : because Jackson has inherited one thing from many from his father, that is securing himself before his savior. And Han Wang has been fooled when he thought his son refusing to tell him of his plans after he received all the information regarding KIB and Big Boss, only because he's saving his father from any danger henceforth.

Twinge!

'Get to the location below, right now.
Unarmed!'

Location X~

>~<

Daniel rereads the message he received two seconds ago before the he lifts his head at the woman who watched and awaited for his next question patiently.

Daniel : who are you exactly? It's impossible to dig that deep in Wang affairs unless you're one of them or connected to one.

The woman smiles genuinely at the sharpness of the young man sitting across her.

Woman : Ji Sooyeon, ex-wife of Han Wang.

◽️ ◽️ ◽️ ◽️

The room where Y/n laid was cold.
In temperature, in atmosphere.

A/n sat at the opposite corner of the bed as one bodyguard stood with loaded rifle on alert. Being not tied at all like the rest who were still stuck in the basement should have been useful yet it didn't feel as much.

One wrong move and the bullet would pierce through Y/ns head. But sitting here without doing anything wasn't an option either, so she waited for just the right moment.

And did the moment came.

There was a knock on the door to which the bodyguard stood beside. He waited a moment and A/n watched him eyeing the door suspiciously as if he knew that behind it wasn't his men who knocked.

A spark of hope coursed through her as she waited on high alert whatever was waiting on the other side of that door.

With one daring glare towards A/n, she watched as the hulk twisted the knob before opening the door wide enough to pass through.

When no one came in sight right away he took one step forward to look outside when the body of another bodyguards on the floor came across him and he whirled on his left where Namjoon stood, aiming a revolver at him.

The two stood putting each other on the gunpoint while waiting for the opposite to let his guard down.

And then suddenly came another click of barel when the bodyguard stiffened as the cold metel pressed against the back of his head.

Jungkook : drop your weapon.