Chapter 36

The wedding was held on the fifth month. Exactly two days from now....

Her baby bump was now obvious through the lose dresses she wore, reminding her of the countdown nearing it's ending.

On the other hand everyone was growing more and more excited with each passing day. And Jungkook didn't know how to express what he was feeling anymore.

He was in heaven, that's only how you could put words for his situation. And it was to the point where he felt he shouldn't be feeling so much happiness. And on days like this, the feeling churmed his insides into twists.

The day aftrr tomorrow was very special, their wedding day. Obviously not the first but definitely the real and with consent one they would be having. Yoongi and others would be here tomorrow, and rituals would be starting.

It was actually very weird for the groom to be so anxious before the wedding instead of the bride. But can you blame him?

He knew that all this, was too good to be true for him. Making him fear what if-

V : shouldn't you be with her right now?

V came suddenly, ready to head out for some things he needed to take care of before attending all  rituals.

Jungkook : yeah I, I just needed a moment.

V : Jungkook...

Jungkook : I'm okay V.

V : you don't look like you are.

Jungkook : I am. I just...

V lifts his eyebrow at him, questioning.

Jungkook : what do you usually do when you feel things are going to good to be true? Or going too easy and fast..

V : what are you implying exactly?

Jungkook : I feel happy V...I..I am happy. So fucking much.

V : it's a good thing, right?

Jungkook : No, it's not. After everything, things shouldn't be so easygoing or perfect for me......I'm just not supposed to be happy but I am and it is fucking frightening me. I feel like, something bad...something beyond horrifying is awaiting me after this happiness and it's-

V : Jungkook...hey, it's okay. Do you know what Jin used to say when we were young?

V says in a soft tone.

V : 'Life is given only for once, unlike video games where you get to curve your ending foreseeing your future or predicting the conclusions of your past actions...'

He pauses for a few seconds as a hint of adoration glints in his eyes.

V : 'So rather than living in past failures or trying to prevent the future, make the best of what you have on your palm today, in your present. That way, even if the future is bad, at least you wouldn't live with regret for not making the best of your chances.'

◽️◽️◽️◽️

It was dark inside their bedroom with only the moonlight peeking through the curtains on the window.

Jungkook saw Y/ns sleeping form under the duvet. She sleeps on the right side of the bed these days, he thoughts, feeling more comfortable in it than left side where she used to before.

Her small baby bump making her even more alluring to the eyes, making his heart swell in euphoria.

Walking up to her, he settled down under the covers as well before pulling her into his embrace gently. His hand caressing the swell of her stomach.