Chapter 25

Jackson watched the older man before him who stared back at him without an ounce of emotions.

Jackson : who is it, Yeong?

He scrutinized him until the briefest glance of Yeongs eyes went over his surroundings as a sigh lefts his mouth. 

Kang Yeong : even if I tell you, there's nothing you can do about it.

Jackson : and why is that?

Jackson raised his eyebrows at him mockingly.

Kang Yeong : because, when she's revealed-

Jackson : she?

A small curve of Yeongs lip made Jackson narrow his eyes at him before Yeong completes his sentence.

Kang Yeong : -the countdown of your chapter will be over.

A muscle twitched in Jacksons jaw as he stared at Yeong when a manic glint was seen his eyes. Yeong knew it was too late cuz before he could react, Jackson spuned on his heel within a second and switches his aim at Ji Sooyeon with his gun.

However, he only met with another pistol pointed at him which was held by no one else but his mother.

Jackson : I continually wondered, how father was the one caught while you remained unharmed with all those informations within your knowledge..

Jackson smiles wickedly at his mother who only stares back nonchalantly at him.

Jackson : ....how were you so cooperative when you used his powers to support me. Something you always despised in the past.

Jackson was met with silence for a couple of moments before Ji Sooyeon began.

Ji Sooyeon : I've been questioning myself for a long time Jackson. That was it your father who made my son turn into a monster....or was it I, who had gave birth to one.

She chuckles in disdain.

Ji Sooyeon : but then, someone made me realize something. That it doesn't matter what atmosphere one's raised in or how they came to this world.....it's in the blood which will eventually make you what you're meant to one day. And you're.....you are a despicable monster Jackson Wang.

Jackson pokes his inner cheek in annoyance.

Jackson : you're done, mother? Now, look around yourself first. You've done your part...and please save the shock-act for another lifetime because if I can remove father from my path, who let-me-remind-you had practically sacrificed himself for me, then you're nothing for me to hesitate even.

Ji Sooyeon : I am aware, Jackson. But it seems you're unaware.

Jackson furrowed his eyebrows when Ji Sooyeon looks over Jacksons shoulder.

The cold barel presses against his back of head and then the sound of it's safety unlocked was too clear to his liking.

Kang Yeong : You are just like your father, Jackson. Always underestimated the woman who stood by you.

Kang Yeong states as a matter of fact, knowing too well how much he was seething right now.

Jackson : what the fuck are you all watching!

Jackson hisses at the shooters standing there around them.

Jackson : Shoot both of them!

When none of them reacted towards his command he raged with fury and growls.

Jackson : Now!

The shooters loads their rifles before rising it, however when Jackson thought they would be aiming at Ji Sooyeon and Yeong he hadn't expected of himself to be the one aimed at.

Jackson : wh-

Kang Yeong : you are a fool, Jackson. Blinded while seeking revenge you forgot to notice that you were heading to your own demolition.

Jackson twists his neck and stares when Yeong continues.

Kang Yeong : It was a trap. Began the moment you escaped KIB headquarters......both you and your father were given informations that you thought you two digged out. Although this trap was meant to go for some more time but you shortened it when you abducted Y/n. And the countdown started when you so foolishly summoned my son.

Jacksons entire frame shook with anger, sanity left his mind and not long before he finally snapped.

Gunshot!

He shot at Daniel who was swift enough to dunk down to escape the unexpected bullet in time.

Gunshot!

Ji Sooyeon shot Jackson on his kneecap and he fell on the concrete ground growling in pain while clutching his injured knee.

Yeong walks over to Jackson.

Kang Yeong : Your time is up, Jackson.

He lifts his revolver and was ready to shoot when Jackson suddenly starts laughing manically.

He lifts his wrist to his eye level with visible tremble before reading the time absentmindedly.

Jackson : you cannot kill me, Kang. You know why?

Daniel : he's trying to play mind games...shoot him!

Daniel hurries to speak up and Jackson laughs at Daniels fetal attempt before setting his eyes at Yeong again. He lifts his upper body a little bit with the help of his elbow.

Jackson : Y/n...

He whispers dramatically before falling down on his back again and continues his laughing.

And then Daniel suddenly remembered, Y/n was still unconscious and only Jackson knew of her cure.

Daniel : fuck....

Daniel curses under breathe.

#Author

First of all, I wanna say a big big thank you to you all.

I honestly didn't expect my work to be appreciated and spread, if we say like that, so soon. And I'm genuinely greatful towards my all silent and expressive, both readers. I get motivated everytime I visit my account nowadays because people are discovering my books and are liking them.

So, I just wanted to let you all know my gratitude through this short text.

And yes, my classes have already began so, though I'll try to keep up the weekly updates, please try to understand if accidental delay does occur.

Thank you beautiful people, love ya all armies❤❤