Chapter 31

Her eyelids.

They felt so heavy that it was nearly impossible to part them. With great force, Y/n parts her eyes and the first thing she did was squint her eyes in pain due to the sudden light that hit her eye nerves directly.

Commotion. She could hear commotion in a weird way as if she were dreaming.

And then it got a bit clear as she heard soothing words and multiple approaching footsteps as someone, probably the doctor, began to check on her conditions.

In the mean time she heard hushed voices that were familiar to her. Yoongi.....

Namjoon........A/n..?

Then she heard someone else...someone more familiar....It was him...

She suddenly began to feel dreamy again, as though she's floating in the air. And not too long before emptiness started to cover her mind as a peaceful slumber took her away.

But not before her weak mind registered his name.

Jungkook.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

38 hours.

It's been 38 hours now after Y/n was given the antidote in the island. 30 hours that she was in the city and under observation of the best doctors.

But she was yet to regain her conscious fully. While it was confirmed that she wasn't critical or in danger anymore, they couldn't be sure of her mental health even now because they were yet to know what exactly had happened between her abduction and the time A/n reached there. She didn't give any violence victimized symptoms but since she was previously a victim of verbal abuse, many things could trigger her in the wrong way.

Buzz~ buzz~

The vibration brought Jungkook out of his trance as his cellphone lightens up, indicating the arrival of a message.

With nonchalance he lifts his phone as swipes it right before reading it.

Yoongi-
'I'm almost outside the hospital, meet you at the lobby in ten minutes.'

Locking his phone Jungkook eyes the black screen before turning back to his still unconscious wife.

Jungkook : how long more Y/n? I feel like I'm fighting in a never ending abyss every single moment while waiting for your wake.

Turning away from her he inhales deeply before standing up and leans down to Y/n before he plants a soft and caring peck upon her forehead.

Jungkook : But I'd wait until my last breathe even the possibility of seeing your eyes once again is just one percent.

He whispered in a hushed voice before smiled at her lovingly and gently patted her head.

Jungkook : I'll be back soon, love.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

The headquarters.

Namjoon : everything has been taken under control sir.

Kang Yeong : what about the island rumors?

Namjoon : Settled. According to media information, there was an explosion of chemical and the place is now banded because the factory that was previously situated there was an illegal one in the name of Wang industries and made duplicate medicines.

Namjoon : and also, Jackson Wang, the sole heir of Wang empire, was a victim in the tragic explosion along many workers.

Kang Yeong : and Han Wang?

Namjoon : well....uhm..

While Namjoon hesitated to answer that, Yeong could sense that the young agent was trying hard to keep himself in his formal composure in front of his employer.

Kang Yeong : what is it, agent Kim?

Namjoon : sir....before our source's could send the media any information about Han Wang, they already came across the fact that Han Wang was mentally unstable...and they came to the conclusion that he couldn't take the tragedy of his fallout in both family and achievement so far which eventually lead him to his mental unstablity.

Kang Yeong : Was Ji Sooyeon been mentioned in any of these?

Namjoon : she was. But fortunately, not in the negative light. She's like the spark of hope people expect after the failures and shocks public received.
But..

Kang Yeong : but?

Namjoon : sir, I know it's not my place to pry on this matter but..don't you feel it's gonna be a bit harsh for Ms. Sooyeon being now the heir and ruling the messy business her dead son once was involved? And more like, because of which she saw her son die..?

Kang Yeong : Do you know the history of KIB agent Kim?

Namjoon : I am afraid I'm not, sir.

Kang Yeong : KIB was the aftermath of a woman who fought for her rights in a society where woman were nothing more than a trophy, always meant to show ones achievement, immune to any emotions.

He paused for a couple of seconds before resuming.

Kang Yeong : and she proved her worth after taking down her husband who showed her off outside to the world like a mere trophy, while abused her between the four walls.

Namjoon : from the personality you mentioned, Ms. Ji Sooyeon does resemble to the lady.

Kang Yeong : She does. And it's actually why I think if the Wang group can rise again through the right path, only Ji Sooyeon can make it happen.

Namjoon : were you aquintanced with the lady, sir? No offense but... because you sounded as through you've met her and knew quite close.

After a long silence Yeong answers.

Kang Yeong : She was my mother.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

Yoongi : any improvements in her condition?

Jungkook : not particularly.

Jungkook sighs in dissapointment after finally voicing out the obvious when Yoongi almost gave up on believing that this guy here was impossible to feel anything such as desperation.

Yoongi : I didn't know you had that side too, Jeon.

Jungkook : what side?

Yoongi : desperation.

Jungkook turns his head away and looks ahead to nothingness before a his lips curved a small smile.

Jungkook : am I....?

Yoongi scoffs before he too follows Jungkooks view point before muttering loudly.

Yoongi : love....really does unbelievable things huh....

The two were silent for a few seconds before Jungkook let's out almost in inaudible voice.

Jungkook : ......It does.

Buz~ Buz~ Buz~

Jungkook takes his phone out of pocket before he straightened his spine in alert. Yoongi notices the sudden chanfe in him before he questioned quickly.

Yoongi : who is it?

Jungkook : A/n..

He answered before receiving the incoming call.

Jungkook : hel-

A/n : where are you?

Jungkook : I'm with Yoongi, nearby the hospi-

A/n : Come back right now!

A/n swallows loudly as her voice shook.

A/n : Y/n woke up.