Chapter 41

Numb.

Jungkook was back to that day when Y/n had woken up from coma.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Numb.

After waiting so long for this moment to come, he was feeling nothing but numb.

The trip after the call till the elevator and now running through the hospital corridor was in blur like a movie scene where time skips in a heartbeat.

Heart racing, throat dry and blood pumping through his veins, Jungkook rushes to the double doors.

A nurse walked past him, inside the cabin as he stood frozen right in front of it. He caught a glimpse of her side profile, sitting on the white hospital bed sheets before the door was closed again on his face.

Jungkook didn't know for how long he stood there then but when the door opens once more he was snapped out of whatever trance he was in.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

It was exactly like that day. Except for one thing.

Hope.

That day in the hospital corridor when he came and entered the room in rush he had hope in him despite the numbness over his emotions.

Unlike today.

He was walking closer to her to see her with her gorgeous open eyes.

Unlike today.

He knew even if she would not forgive him at least he could have been satisfied knowing she was alive and living out there.

Something he knew he could not hope this time. She was gone, yes, he was told that hours ago. But even if the words rang inside of his head over and over again, his mouth refused to pronounce them.

He tried to sleep even kept his eyes shut forcedly. Thinking all this time has been nothing but a bad dream. A nightmare he was gonna wake up when he opened his eyes. He prayed in his heart that everything that unfolded all this time was nothing but an evil part of his hallucination.

Even desired to be able to trade their position and swap places with her. Didn't matter if it would have been him who endures all type of cruel things a human can only imagine for the worst. He will take it happily if it meant she get to live a better life.

Alas! He couldn't.

And she wouldn't.

Yoongi : You Bloody Son Of A Bitch!

Wham!

The violent punch at his jaw sends Jungkook stumbing over his left side. And before he could could recover and come to his senses, Yoongi whirled him back roughly and hit him in the stomach.

Yoongi : How dare you come here and show that sickening face of yours to me, you bastard!

A/n : Yoongi, enough!

A/n who just entered the porch says loudly. Yoongi turns his flaming eyes at her and points his finger angrily.

Yoongi : Do not utter my name from that filthy mouth of yours. I never dispised and felt disgusted about anyone like I do about you now. You are a despicable human being, Min A/n. Really.