Chapter 22

Until......

Sera, who was a spy working for Wangs, saw Namjoom taking some file out of KIB in the darkness of night without anyone knowing.

Confidential Information 2004, it read.

It was restricted for everyone to touch, so Namjoon wasn't any exception. And when Namjoon had put the file back to it's place Sera took that opportunity and made a copy before sending that to Han Wang.

Among 2004s survivors, many had been retired because of injuries. Only fews were acknowledged there along the missings ones.

And the name Kang Daniel stood out in that file because he wasn't found among the burnt bodies and he wasn't supposedly searched either like some others. But something even odd was that the file didn't contain the image of his father, only his mother and the little sister who died.

Kang Yeong.

He had found a name then only. So he began to use his sources and soon found out that Kang was the surname that was originally the creator of KIB.

Which eventually made Kang Daniel, their heir.

And when Jackson escaped from KIB headquarters, missing pieces of the puzzle came together until the picture was almost complete.

Kang Yeong was nearly impossible to locate as if he had vanished from the earth. And while Han Wang was immersed into using the big links, he barely noticed his wife, Ji Sooyeon Wang's whereabouts.

Ji Sooyeon was a dignified woman of late thirties. While the society saw her as a perfect lady of her house and pride of feminine, she had her own flaws too.

Being born as the only daughter in a family of men's, she was addicted to the attention and pure affection from her family. Yet she always knew there was a blank space which none managed to fill. And she knew for whom that place was.

Her soulmate.

She thought it would be filled when she gets married but it wasn't when she was in an arranged marriage with Han Wang. She tried to overlook this emptiness and play along the elegant and perfectly decorated life she was leading with her husband. And it worked for years too but how long would have this lasted anyway?

After all, a play cannot last forever right? Everything has an expiration so was this torture of prentence.

Ji Sooyeon Wang's happy picture was stained for the first time when she came across the rumored rape by her son.

And it was shattered when she was hit for the first time since her birth for standing up against her husband. She wanted Jackson to be punished for his mistake but Han refused to let anything stain his reputation didn't matter even if he had to be violent towards his wife.

And her facade ended the moment she met a mysterious man on her path of seeking justice.

Kang Yeong, the mysterious man who dispised Wangs from the core of heart, felt an undeniable pull towards the woman. He couldn't afford to reveal his identity so he played the part he was playing with Mins as an good aquintance and got closer to Ji Sooyeon until he came to trust her.

Not long after they became aquintances, they both gave in to their desire and their affair started. Ji Sooyeon was never the submissive type and Yeong couldn't confess to Ji Sooyeon who he was so he only let her know that he was collecting some secrets Min and Wang had under KIB. Which would be messed up if what Jackson did comes out then so she kept quiet and trusted Yeong.

So after that, while keeping their relationship impossible for anyone get wind of, Ji Sooyeon was helping Yeong to get informations regarding her husband.

KIB was receiving a lot of help so it didn't take long for them to come in power and work with people acknowledging KIBs existence. And then after Jackson was captured and taken to KIB headquarters Ji Sooyeon confronted Yeong because she heard Han Wang talking to his spies on phone, for someone named Kang Yeong.

Ji Sooyeon misunderstood Yeongs intention, and Yeong knew he couldn't lose this woman as he loved her sincerely also her being an important but sensitive link to Wangs. So between the two option, either lie and use her or tell the truth and win her with honesty, he chose the later one and made her his. Since then their paths were one while keeping it only to themselves.

Meanwhile, as it was taking longer than expected as who Big Boss was, Han Wang began to search for the heir.

Kang Daniel.

And before the news came to Yeong, Ji Sooyeon had found out that Daniel worked for Jeons in the past. While it was impossible to locate where he was or how he looked, they came to assurance that he was safe.

After getting Jackson out of KIB, Kang Daniel wasn't so hard to find given Han Wang knew Min Kyung and Min Kyung knew Jeon Woo Jung previously. But there was just one problem, Jeon Jungkook.

Wangs came to know that Daniel worked for Jungkook and unless he is summoned by him or approaches Jungkook himself, no one can locate him. Because apparently, he was a master when it came keeping things out of prying eyes, whether it's information or his safety.

Thus, they waited for the right time and finally it came when Jackson found Y/n barely conscious in front of his car. He took her and planned a scheme leisurely which got interrupted when Jungkook and others reached him before he expected.

But he played it sly. And turned the tables when Jungkook had to summon Daniel without any other option.