Chapter 17

#Author

Happy New Year Everyone!
Tho this was supposed to be updating a little early but I had to change a few things so, here I come with the first chapter of 2022 on @Silent Sabotage.
Enjoy Armies:)

                            ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪

Life was unpredictable.

Despite knowing it, Jungkook had aimed to make it predictable for him. Reason? Min A/n, his first betrayal.

She was the beginning and the end of the youthful Jungkook who only dreamt for a simple and ordinary life previously. After she ended him, he made sure his life was predicted anywhere he went or even anyone he aquintanced with. And coincidently it did work for him.

Until, one fateful evening when he came across his bride, Jeon Y/n. From there his life took drastic turns and have been taking til now, unpredictably. And wheather it had been good or bad, painful or heavenly, his heart knew he came across his other half. Who will heal him from his burns of past and make him better.

His soulmate.

The second his eyes fell on the lifeless form of his healer, he felt whirland with emotions. And not even a second later, empty.

Despite that, he knew what the aftermath would look like once his barrier is broken.

Oh, if only looks could kill.

Yoongi : what did you do to her...

Yoongi demands in controled tone. Even his patience were walking on thin ice at the sight of his unconscious and pale sister.

Jackson : Oh, don't get the wrong idea, Min. I don't taste leftovers especially when I already had the first taste of it.

At this even a rock could feel the burn that Jungkooks gaze were digging on his skin.

Jackson : Oh, Im so sorry. Wasn't she used to be your wife? That must have burnt.

He mockingly said.

Jackson : But what can I say, truth is truth. How long do we avoid it, right?

Namjoon : we asked you a question, Jackson. Why is she not conscious?

Jackson : Impatient much, agent Kim?

A/n : She's drugged.

A/n states when V, Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimins eyes snaps to her while Jungkooks remained stinging on Jackson.

The five pair of eyes watched her as she spoke with clear pain and regrets visible on her face and voice.

A/n : She was.......She had........panic attack.

Jackson scoffed.

Jackson : That's all you managed out, babe?

She inhaled before forcing rest of the sentence out with great difficulties.

A/n : .......she tried to stab.....

She closed her eyes when a single tear rolled down her cheek as she finishes.

A/n : ...herself.

Jungkooks eyes shuts automatically, the rare sting now evident behind his lids. His jaw clenches while the others stared at Y/ns form with shock.

Jackson : So you see? Technically, I've been protecting that one here so let's be more civilized and deal this situation maturely, hm?

When no one bothered to respond, Jackson clapped his palms and speaks with satisfaction.

Jackson : Great. So, I've thought of a compromise for you all here.

Jackson declares before setting his sight on Jungkook who's eyes now set on Y/n.

Jackson : Like an ideal deal, we do the give and take. I'll hand over you your wife, and in exchange you give me your one man.

Everyone was confused by his unexpected demand.

V : and how exactly do you think you have the upper hand in this to demand a damn compromise?

Jackson : I haven't finished yet.

Jackson states without taking his eyes off the frozen man before him.

Jackson : Let me rephrase that more accurately. I want one of your man, who's identity is more secured than your assistants relation with KIB.

Namjoon stiffened but V had his eyes now borring holes to Jacksons head.

Jimin : Who are you implying?

Jackson : Daniel.

Jungkooks head whips around to face Jackson with unreachable expression.

Jackson : Kang Daniel.

◽️◽️◽️◽️

The motorcycle came to halt before Daniel takes his helmet off and stepped out of it.

His cellphone lightens up , showing the address that was texted to him. He checked his surroundings once again to make sure he was at the right place.

Not long after, the walkie-talkie starts ringing. Heaving a deep breath he received the incoming call when the same voice speaks again.

Woman : You'll find a gray van to your left in the distance,

Daniel looks to the said direction before spoting the gray van that just blinked at him through it's headlights.

Woman : Walk to it and just get inside. You'll reach me within 20 mins. See you soon, dear.

And then the call goes off.

With a stonic face, Daniel does as he was told and the van droves right after he was safely inside.

Twenty minutes later...

He was told to get off when the van came to halt exactly after twenty minutes as said. 

The wide and open site was vacant until the chopper came to his view far in the distance.

He wasn't sure that if he should head to it but considering that the entire place was empty except it, he went with his conscious.

Two bulky bodyguards stood on the entrance who bows to him when he was close enough before one gestures him towards the choper.

Head full of questions and chaos, Daniel was lead inside the choper and seated before door to it closes behind him.

There sat a woman probably in her
late thirties, clothed in a classy neavy-blue formal outfit. Pencil heels on the feet as a diamond ring sat on her ring finger with a simple but fancy necklace upon her clothed chest.

Woman : It's nice to finally meet you, Daniel. I must mention, you've grown into a handsome young man.

Daniel : If you're done, shall we cut to the main subject?

Woman : You're just like him. So tell me, what would you like to hear first?

Daniel : Who are you?

◽️◽️◽️◽️

Jungkook : No.

His straight and sharp response makes Jackson only smirk in return.

Jackson : So you do are aware of his worth.

Jungkook : ....

V : He's trying to trick here, Jungkook. Do not-

Yoongi : Are you freaking kidding me? My sister is on-

Namjoon : We cannot trust him! This all could be a part of his plotting.

Yoongi : What if it's not? Huh!

Jimin : We're all making a mistake by even letting him talk here.

While they kept arguing shall or shall not they trust Jackson with his demandings Jackson and Jungkook remains focused on each other.

Jackson : but will she be worth sacrificing?