Chapter 26

Karma really is a bitch.

And that much was proven to Jackson.

Within a couple of days, he lost his almost victory game. It was him who was supposed to be standing where Yeong, Jungkook and others stood today. And them where he at-the-moment kneeled, handcuffed like a fucking loser.

Ji Sooyeon watched impassively while Jimin poked his revolver against Jacksons back of head. If one didn't knew better, they could've said she was a heartless mother.

Jackson hisses when he scrunched his nose in hatred. A movement that satisfied Min Yoongi immensely who was proud of the colourful art-work he did to Jacksons face.

Everyone present in the room that day, waited and watched Jackson like a despicable animal captured in zoo.

Namjoon : I don't think he's going to say anything, sir. We're wasting our time on him.

Namjoon mumbles to Yeong who waited for Jackson to give in already, which Yoongi heard for being closer to them.

Yoongi : he will, he doesn't have a choice.

V : even if he does, what's the guarantee he's not lying?

V states as a matter of fact.

Yoongi : so what do you suggest? Blow his skull off knowing he has the cure to my sister?

Yoongi snaps, trying his best to keep his voice low.

Yoongi : what a joke..

He scoffs.

Kang Yeong : you've wasted enough time Jackson. Where is the antidote?

Jackson spits blood before looking up at Yeong, standing ever so powerful within a few steps range of him.

Jackson : you're reading the situation poorly, Kang. I've got nothing to lose from here on, do you really think I'd co-operate like some obedient fool?

He mocks when Daniel speaks up.

Daniel : and what if you benefit?

Jackson twists his neck at Daniel who stood on the other side of the room, closer to where Jungkook observed the entire situation silently.

Jackson : negotiating, you mean little Kang?

Jackson muses and Daniel choses to ignores it.

Daniel : I've hated beating around the bush as long as I can remember, Jackson. So deal or no deal?

Jackson : I ain't no rookie. I know well enough that it's the last day I see the light before prisoned before departed to some non-surviving island so I plan to make it worth.

He paused for a few seconds before he watched Jungkook and then drifts his eyes at Y/n who still laid motionless, counting her last minutes of hope.

Jackson : if I can't get my hands on that red box, no one else will.

Jimin : you are a sick bastard.

Jimin grits at him which he returned with a chuckle.

Jackson : am I?....maybe.

Jungkook : what if I give you a reason?

Jackson looks up at him in surprise and raised his eyebrows in question.

Jackson : such as?

Jungkook walks closer to him before crouching down to his level and speaks hoarsely.

Jungkook : I have some source's. Which tells me, Wang's had always dreamt of ruling underworld... And something is out there that holds that power which Wang's have been seeking to obtain and fighting over among themselves silently since decades.

Jungkook : I wonder if you've ever thought of being the ruler and participated to that under your fathers nose.

Jacksons eyes darkened.

Jungkook : because someone that is the captor of that particular thing would be practically titled the king in underworld. And I have a hunch, that you might have lusted after it like all Wangs and crimals does...

Jackson : what the fuck are you trying to say?

Jackson hisses out.

Jungkook : well, you tell me, would it be impossible to imagine I might have made agent Reed hint me where it could be? Don't you think, I could be lusting after such power too?

Jackson : you don't know where it is..

Jackson voices out even if he himself wasn't sure anymore.

Jungkook : and what if I do? Would it be so hard to believe she wheather intentionally or unintentionally, might have given me that red box?

Jackson : y-you cannot fool me...I know you're trying to trick me but-

Jungkook : really? no one else knows what it contained expect it's owner....

Jungkook : so what if I say it has every and each information about all the corruption and illegal stuff with the name's of personas who are involved in underworld? What if I say, that it has all the evidences that can bring them all on their knees if I want?

Jackson paled. He knew, Jackson thought to himself as the possibility of Jungkook knowing was no suspicious anymore. What it had was known to only a few people and Park Chae-Hee, Agent Reed was supposedly the last one among those few.

Jungkook : so if you give me the antidote, you might at least get to know where that box was before you're thrown into your death bed.

Jackson thought for a few minutes before curiously asking.

Jackson : why should I believe you? For all I know, you wouldn't spare the life of man who was gonna kill your favorite woman.

Jungkook lowers his tone even more than before, so that it's only the two of them who can hear.

Jungkook : that's where you lack informations, Jackson. Woman like her, nothing but a few moments of pleasure to me.

Jackson : then why would you bother to do all this for her? Because like you said, you already have that red box so she should be useless to you now.

Jungkook : she would've, if only...

Jungkook trails off darkly as his eyes swept over to Y/ns form on the ever white sheets.

Jackson : if only?

Jackson asks suspiciously.

Jungkook : if only she didn't carry my heir within her.

Jackson was taken by surprise and it showed clearly on his face as he asks a bit confusedly.

Jackson : you knew that?

Jungkook turns to Jackson and smirked before answering in a ovious  tone.

Jungkook : why else would you think I pretended to be their knight in armor?