CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.

-
-
-

In all honesty, Yomi's birthday party was a blast. It was a low-key event, as planned, and it was strictly by invitation. There were a lot of important factors that spiced up the celebration, such as lots of beautiful ladies, surplus drinks and snacks, a big, fine cake, and very fun games, to mention but a few.

A total of twenty-five people were present at the ceremony - including the celebrant himself - and it lasted for one hour at Unilag's Love Garden. Then, when it was over, so many people left, while a few others stayed behind to have some more fun.

Presently, the time was 9:13 PM, and Yomi was with Jordan, Steve, Jonathan, Candice, Alice, Betty, and Isioma. Steve and Jonathan were both Yomi's good friends and course mates, while Alice, Betty and Isioma were all Candice's hot friends and roommates. They were all chattering on their way to the Lagoon Front.

Meanwhile, Idara, Tayo and Anastasia were all absent from the group, because they all went together to return the plastic chairs and the bottles that had been used at the party.

Swinging her arms in the air, Candice spun around right on the walkway and screamed at the top of her lungs, saying, "Best. Frickin'. Party. Ever! I swear down!"

"You can say that again." Alice agreed from the back. "But it's such a shame that there was no weed on ground sha."

"As in ehn." Betty chipped in too. "Not even a common cigar sef. Na wetin spoil am for me be that," she added, grimacing. "I mean, the party was dope for sure, but without the necessary highness I expected, the whole thing just felt too soft for me jor. I mean no offense to you, though, Broda Yomi."

Looking over his shoulder, Yomi forced a smile. "None taken, dear," he said, quite surprised about what he just heard from them. "At least you both enjoyed yourselves. That is all that matters."

Alice and Betty nodded in agreement. Now, with his eyes on the face of the attractive lady walking beside him, Yomi whispered to her, saying, "Damn. I never would've taken your friends for smokers, Candy. Do y'all do it together?"

"Nah. They smoke, I don't."

"Ah, thank God." Yomi heaved a sigh of relief. "I can't even imagine you puffing on a joint in my presence. That'll be a complete turn-off for me, for real."

Candice furrowed her eyebrows. "Like, seriously? But you drank alcohol some minutes ago. What makes you different from a smoker?"

"There's a big difference, dear. Trust me."

"I don't think so." Candice disagreed sharply. "Smoking, drinking, prostitution, fornication, adultery and so on are all categorized under sin. No sin is bigger than the other. So, in a nutshell, we are all going to hell, fam."

Yomi instantly gave her an icy glare. "Take that back immediately. Nobody among us is going to hell, by God's grace."

Candice bit her upper lip to keep herself from laughing out loud. "Okey-dokey. I take it back. But is that why you are now looking at me like that?" She gave Yomi a light tap on his shoulder and stuck her tongue out at him. "Somebody cannot even play with you in peace. See your long head."

Yomi nudged Candice's arm in return. "At least my head is still fine the way it is. See your own small bum-bum."

Candice kicked Yomi's leg gently as she laughed at that. "Ehen abi? Thank you o. Leave it for me. I like it like that," she hissed, smiling. "Come to think of it, where do you stay?"