CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.

As a baker, Isioma had quite a lot of loyal customers in her school, simply because of the outstanding quality of her products and their affordability, and of course her exceptional marketing skills and her friendliness too. Today, she'd come to deliver a birthday cake to an evangelist's wife in the school's central church and she was heading out when she spotted someone kneeling before the altar, praying.

To Isioma's surprise, it was Jordan, and he'd just concluded his prayer when she saw him. He stood up and sighted Isioma behind him.

“Isioma!” Jordan exclaimed at once. “Are you spying on me?”

“I wish I was,” Isioma replied, amused. “But, actually, I came here for business. I was on my way out when I saw you. What a pleasant surprise.”

“Oh, wow, you came to the house of God for business… Isn't that just lovely!”

Isioma giggled, rolling her eyes. “Don't even start, Mr. Prayer Warrior.”

Jordan managed a coy smile, uttering nothing.

“Come to think of it, what's up with your odd mood yesterday?” Isioma folded her arms, arching an eyebrow. “You were acting so weird, and I tried to call you later in the day but your phone was off all the times I tried. I couldn't even reach Steve, either. What happened to you?”

Jordan sighed, then said, “Do you have some time to spare? I'd like to discuss something vital with you.”

Isioma consented and they both went to sit on some vacant chairs outside the church.

“Okay, so what is it you wanted to tell me?”

“Yeah, um, look, Isioma, what I'm about to say might look fabricated to you, but I want you to believe every single word that comes out of my mouth, because I'll be completely honest with you.”

“Okay?”

“Okay, so, first of all, I've broken up with Steve.”

“Wait, what? When?”

“Yesterday. I broke up with him just before I stumbled into you and Mike, and that was part of the reasons why I wasn't in a good mood then.” Jordan explained.

“But why? Why did you do that? I could've sworn you guys had a good thing going.”

“I thought so, too, but apparently, the reverse is the case.” Jordan said with regret. “What we were doing was wrong.”

“In what way?”

“In every possible way!” Jordan answered. “How can I be a Christian and practice homosexuality at the same time? Does it make sense? Does it speak well of me?”

Isioma said nothing.

“You see? Even you yourself can't support it with your heart. Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and to God what belongs to Him.” Jordan went on. “I wonder why it took me so long to admit this. I should've known I was living in denial from all those times when I'd open my Bible and cringe at the scriptures that speaks against homosexuality, and even those times when I'd be very afraid to open the Book of Revelations just because of the powerful messages it holds. I knew I was living an unclean lifestyle but I never wanted to embrace the truth, until two nights ago.”

“Two nights ago?” Isioma pointed out. “What happened?”

Jordan's eyes widened at the memory. “For the first time in my life, I heard the voice of God, Isioma.” He revealed frightfully. “His voice was soft, calm, astonishing, unlike anything I had ever heard before. As hard as this might seem for anyone to believe, I'm telling you that God actually spoke to me in my sleep, Isioma. It felt more like a revelation, more like an encounter, than a dream. It was amazing, just amazing!”