CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.

Four days later. Sunday. February 14.

Today being Valentine's Day, Idara and her gang met at a popular beach called The Palm Groves. As planned, Tayo and Yomi were the ones who brought the others with their cars, so basically they all arrived there together.

Presently, the time was 1:30 PM, and everyone had changed into their beach clothes. With everyone ready, Yomi suggested that they should all play a game of building sand castles individually. As expected, everyone else bought the idea, and then they all got to work almost immediately.

While crafting her sand castle, Idara received a light pat on her back from Tayo. She faced him and smiled with glee. “Don't laugh. I personally know it's trash. You don't have to remind me.”

Tayo smirked widely at her ignorance. “It's beautiful, Dara, just like you are.”

“Don't let him fool you o,” Anastasia said. “That thing is damn ugly. Take it from me.”

Idara rolled her eyes at that. “Bad energy stay far away, please.”

“Done!” Candice suddenly shouted from behind Idara, clapping her hands victoriously. “I'm too much, abeg!”

Everyone else looked in Candice's direction and, inwardly, they loved her work of art at first sight because it was very nice, and big.

“Wow.” Yomi gazed at Candice in awe. “Is your father by chance an architect?”

Candice laughed out loud, feeling like she'd just achieved the impossible without breaking a sweat at all. “Well, kinda. It's kinda complicated.”

“How?” Yomi asked, sitting on the hot sand. “Explain.”

“It's complicated because my daddy is a bricklayer. Duh!”

Everyone laughed at Candice's remark, including Idara herself. Idara knew for sure that Candice was a cunning lady, but that aside, she was really cool and fun to be with. Maybe that was why Yomi loved her so much, apart from her dashing looks and her classiness.

Such beauty and charisma were the features Idara would probably never have till the day she'd take her last breath on Earth, which always made her consider what the chances of she and Yomi being lovers were, since she wasn't even half as beautiful as Candice.

If there was anything like reincarnation or a second coming on Earth, Idara would definitely come back as Cinderella or Snow White, just to look pretty enough for her best friend who actually had no interest in her at all.

But, like they say, if wishes were horses, beggars would definitely ride. Which, in this case, implies that it is better Idara stops hoping for the impossible, at least to ease herself of the painful disappointments that occurs whenever she puts too much hope in something, or someone.

Today, having fun was Idara's top priority. Nothing more, nothing less.

“All right. So, Candice wins this game.” Yomi said, getting up on his feet. “Congratulations to her. Her castle is the finest. She did a good job.”

“Thank you,” Candice got up too, smiling at each and every one who applauded her for her craftsmanship. “I'm deeply humbled, folks. Thank you all so much.”

Patiently, Yomi waited until the noise died down before saying, “All right. So, who has any idea what we should play next?”

“Truth or Dare!” Jonathan replied Yomi instantly. “Like the nasty one we played last week!”