CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.

On this cool Tuesday evening, the air was crisp and clear at the beach, and there were only a few people roaming about, which paved the way for Idara and Tayo's little romantic picnic on the sand.

Well, they weren't actually sitting on the sand since they had a big mat spread out, which housed a plastic tray and a big basket that contained various fresh fruits and a bottle of champagne and two glasses as well, including Idara's fancy tote bag.

Since the picnic was only a minor flex, Idara wasn't dressed to kill. All she wore was a brown floppy hat and a palm leaf-printed tube top, plus a unique drawstring denim shorts with brown strappy sandals on her feet, coupled with some colorful waist beads and blue wristbands and an anklet too. And, of course, she wore her locket necklace with pride, satisfied with the way it ornamented her neck like an Egyptian goddess. While Tayo was simply kitted in a grey panama cap, a white singlet and a cool yellow and black vintage dolphin shorts with multi-colored flip-flops on his feet and a simple wristwatch to up his swag.

“This is the first time I'm seeing your legs, Tayo.” Idara said, peeling a banana. “You're always on trousers. I never knew you were this hairy.”

Tayo smiled, slicing an orange. “Is that a bad thing?”

“Nope, I actually think it's nice.” Idara took a small bite from her banana. “Your legs are very fine, even though you look like a werewolf.”

Tayo laughed, dropping the knife and the orange skin on the tray. “I'll take that as a compliment.”

Idara smirked, looking at him intently. “You know, sometimes I just wonder if you're actually human, T, because you're just too good to be true. You seem so perfect and it really bothers me, 'cause I know that nobody is pure. Don't you have any flaws?”

“Of course, I do.” Tayo replied, chewing a slice of his orange. “Like you just said, nobody is pure, including me. I have my own flaws, too.”

“Like what, if I may ask?”

“Well, for starters, let me just say I'm addicted to work. I'm more of an introvert, 'cause I tend to be absorbed in my work and my studies that I often forget about my social life, you know.”

Idara grimaced. “I don't think that counts as a flaw. It's basically your nature, not a flaw.”

“Well, yes, but technically it's a flaw, because I hardly call or text people and I've lost a good number of friends by doing so, but those who understand me have stuck around till date. I don't know why, but I can care for someone so much and still not get in touch with them too often, and it's something I'm seriously trying to change.”

“Your story is not really adding up here,” Idara said. “If you're truly that way, why then do you constantly keep in touch with me? Why are we always in contact with each other?”

“Because you are special to me,” Tayo said, “very special. And, somehow, I think you're helping me become a much better person by making me adapt to the standard protocol of how to maintain relationships, generally.”

“You sha want to make me blush today.” Idara rolled her eyes, feigning a grim face. “But your plan will not work. I won't blush!”

“You're funny.” Tayo slid his arm around her shoulders. “So, what about you? What're your flaws?”

“Dear gentleman, I never said we were done with yours.” Idara took a larger bite of her banana, resting her head on Tayo's shoulder. “Anyway, just save it. I guess I'll discover more of your flaws as time goes on. But as for me, mmm, I'm flawless. I've never sinned before, either.”