CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.

Yomi's smile faded at once. “What? Fifty thousand Naira? Jeez, that's one helluva huge amount of money, Candy.”

“I know, babe.” Candice whispered, toying with Yomi's nipple with her thumb and index finger. “Trust me, I do. But I need it urgently, baby.”

“What for?”

“For my handouts and toiletries and blah blah blah.” Candice lied, feigning sadness. “I mean, I'm owing some people in my department who need their money back before this month ends. And that is the most worrisome part about this entire thing. I remember asking my older sister for help, like, three weeks ago or something, but she hasn't gotten back to me till date. In fact, she doesn't pick my calls anymore.”

Yomi shook his head pitifully. “That is so bad of her.”

“Tell me about it.” Candice sighed, acting as if she was about to cry. “Honestly, baby, I don't even know what else to do or who to run to for help. You are my only hope, Yomi.”

Yomi was touched by Candice's speech. He hated to see her sad and dispirited. If gifting her the money would put a nice smile on her face, then so be it.

“You know what?” Yomi sat up and cupped Candice's cheeks carefully in his hands. “Worry no more, darling. I've got you covered.”

Candice's eyes widened automatically. “Oh my gosh! Are you saying you will give me the cash?”

“Of course, honey.” Yomi confirmed, offering her a genuine smile. “Believe me, I will.”

“Aww, sweetie!” Candice embraced Yomi excitedly. “I really, really, really, really love you like crazy. I swear down!”

Yomi grinned proudly, patting her on the back lovingly. “I love you, too, Candice. Way more than you could ever imagine.”

“Oh, baby.” Candice drew back and chuckled, then she kissed Yomi's luscious lips like a dauntless actress from a movie scene. She wasn't even concerned about the fact that he hadn't brushed his teeth. Her excitement clearly overshadowed her self-consciousness.

After twenty-one seconds, however, Yomi broke the kiss and said, “Let's save this for later, babe. I have to prepare for church.”

With an evil grin on her face, Candice pushed Yomi on the bed and stayed on top of him seductively. “Uh-uh. No church for you today, sweetie.” She licked her lips and grabbed his erected instrument firmly. “I'm gonna go lock the door now, and then we are gonna have some wild, nasty fun together, darlin'.”

__________

11:02 AM.

At the conclusion of the church service, Idara walked out of the auditorium feeling wholly fulfilled of grace. She wore a long, red dress that flowed around her body and a maroon scarf to match. Her sandals, however, were pure black, and they were the exact type which most people fondly called the Jesus Boots. Her long coconut-colored hair was pulled up into a smooth bun under the scarf over her head, making her look like a highly devoted deaconess.

Meanwhile, Tayo and Anastasia were following behind Idara. Tayo wore a colored polo shirt and dark blue pants. Anastasia, on the other hand, had on a white, loose, knee-length gown and a purple round hat that beautified her immensely. Even though her pink sandals were nothing compared to Idara's own, Anastasia flaunted them with poise. After all, they weren't that bad.