CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.

On his entry into the well-known Shop 39, Yomi looked around for a few seconds before spotting his girlfriend at a table with a very handsome guy. Yomi was instantly baffled, because Idara was the actual person he expected to see, not his super-duper hot partner chilling with another gorgeous man.

A strong feeling of betrayal tore through him as he stood still, watching Candice making merry with the man unlike she'd ever done with him. In fact, she looked so happy and full of life in the man's presence that Yomi began to wonder who exactly he was to her.

Maybe a secret lover? Maybe an ex-boyfriend? Perhaps, just a friend?

Yomi couldn't tell, but he certainly needed answers real soon, and he wasn't going to get them while standing there idly. He had to confront them, come what may.

Meanwhile, Idara and Isioma were both glad to see Yomi in the building. Funnily enough, they'd been hiding outside when he arrived with his car, but the moment he stepped into the restaurant, they both showed up like ghosts from nowhere in order to witness the incoming, live drama between Yomi, Candice and her romantic loverboy.

Actually, Yomi saw Idara and Isioma when they surfaced through the back door, but he was more interested in confronting Candice and Mr. Gorgeous than acknowledging their presence right then.

Frowning, Yomi halted before Candice's table, pulled up a chair, sat down bossily, crossed his legs, and then finally removed his earphones with his eyes fixated on Candice's face.

Truly, Candice was beyond shocked to see him sitting right across from her. The look on her face was priceless! And, judging from that same bewildered look on her face, Yomi figured that she obviously wasn't expecting to see him in there at all.

For some reason, Yomi's presence seemed to petrify Candice, and he wondered why it did so. Was she hiding something from him? He doubted it so much. The Candice he knew was the sweetest woman to ever walk the Earth. She'd never two-time him. Would she?

In all honesty, Yomi trusted Candice a lot. To him, the chances of Candice cheating on him were very slim. Very, very slim. But then again, he'd only known her for a week and a couple of days, so it wouldn't be wise of him to have so much faith in her loyalty. It was best Yomi maintained his suspicion about Candice while frowning, so that she would know that he meant serious business this time.

In the heat of the moment, Isioma and Idara arrived at the table, and then stood behind Yomi with a triumphant look on their respective faces.

“You see your life?” Isioma jested, sticking her tongue out at Candice. “I told you one day you'd get busted, didn't I?”

Candice frowned. “Uh, I beg your pardon?”

“Shut your mouth jor!” Isioma hissed out loud. “And don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about, 'cause you'll only make things worse.”

The cute guy sitting beside Candice grimaced, confused. “Candice, who are these people?”

“We are the people you don't wanna mess with!” Isioma snapped at Mr. Gorgeous with annoyance. “So you better stay out of this, oga.”

Yomi instantly glanced at Isioma and waved his hand above his head, indicating that she should be quiet.

“Okay o.” Isioma said with respect. “My lips are temporarily sealed, Daddy Yo. Go ahead, sir.”