CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.

-
-
-

In her messed up state, Isioma suddenly felt someone's hand on her shoulder, comforting her. She looked up at once, only to see the person she least expected: Michael, Candice's step-brother, who she'd once tongue-lashed in public.

It swiftly dawned on Isioma that karma was, indeed, real. She wondered what he was doing here, sitting beside her, with a camera in his other hand.

Was he here to torment her too, like his sister? Or did he even have a hand in her predicament, as some sort of revenge against her?

Honestly, it was hard to tell, especially with the grim look on his face, and that was why Isioma shoved his hand away almost immediately he touched her.

"Hey, chill." Mike said calmly. "I mean no harm."

Isioma didn't say a word, whilst glaring at him.

"I remember you, lady." Mike said. "And I'm sure you remember me, too. What's wrong? Why're you crying?"

"Are you here to mock me, too?"

Mike frowned. "Sorry, what?"

"Stop pretending. I'm sure that's the only reason why you're here." Isioma sniffed, her eyes reddening. "'Cause there's no way you could possibly be here just like that."

"What're you even talking about?" Mike's frown thickened. "First off, I'm not here to mock you or whatever you just said. Why would you even think like that?" He shook his head, amused. "Second, I don't even school here, ma'am. I'm only here for business, as usual. I'm a photographer, as you can see."

"Good for you, then." Isioma muttered, having known his true intentions.

"Anyway, I was actually passing by when I saw you crying, though." Mike confessed, stroking Isioma's shoulder again. "What's going on?"

Isioma wiped her face with the back of her hands, before saying, "It's your sister, Candice. She's tormenting me."

"How do you mean?"

"Wait, didn't you see her on your way here?" Isioma asked. "'Cause she just left."

"No, I didn't." Mike replied, surprised. "Today is Thursday, and she's supposed to have a class by now. What was she doing here?"

"Like I said, she came here to make my life miserable."

"Stop speaking in parables," said Mike. "Enlighten me. What's up?"

It took no hesitation whatsoever for Isioma to say, "Look, Mike, you might not believe me, but your sister is sleeping with my lecturer, Mr. Rochas."

Mike froze. "Excuse you?"

"I'm dead serious." Isioma stood her ground, looking Mike dead in the eyes. "But she isn't just sleeping with him for nothing, though. She's doing it as some sort of revenge against me."

Mike couldn't believe his ears. "Are you aware of the gravity of this accusation you're making?"

"I am." Isioma nodded, as confident as an eagle. "And now they've conspired against me, Mike. I was failed by this lecturer in question for a test that I aced. I still can't believe it, and I don't know what to do."

In Mike's mind, Candice was the most outspoken and carefree girl on Earth, but she was no harlot. He knew his step-sister too well. He knew how razz she could be, but not to the point of getting laid with a lecturer for revenge.