CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

-
-
-

Dressed in a knee-length sky blue gown, Idara danced outside in the very light rain, whirling and twirling with exceptional vigour and profound agility. She saw herself performing on stage in front of a relatively large audience, competing against other skilled dancers like herself.

So far so good, she'd beaten many of her fellow competitors out of the big tournament and had gotten to the final round without breaking a sweat. But when her last opponent came out from behind the curtains, Idara was stunned as she saw that it was none other than Yomi, her very own incomparable sunflower, charging at her with an expressionless look on his face.

The moment he stood before her, the location changed from a wide, noisy hall to a quiet, spacious, adorned garden which stood next to a mighty waterfall. Softly, a beautiful little butterfly perched on Idara's shoulder as a calm wind kissed her face, blowing her loose hair about in the air like tiny paper planes.

Carefully, Yomi placed two stray strands of hair at the back of Idara's ear and held her hands lovingly. "Isabelle, I have a confession to make."

Idara blinked twice, feeling tensed. "A confession? Well, go ahead, Yomee. I'm listening."

"Isabelle, I love you." Yomi blinked at her, rubbing the back of her hands with his creamy thumbs. "I've always loved you since we were teens, but I couldn't tell you then because you were older, and I felt like you deserved someone better. But now I can't hide it anymore. I have to let you know that I'm truly in love with you, babe, and that I want you to be mine. Will you please be my better half, Idara?"

"No. I can't accept this!" A thunderous voice came from nowhere. "Wake up!"

Instantly, the cute butterfly flew away as an invisible hand tapped on Idara's back with so much force. "I said, wake up, my friend!"

Slowly, Idara opened her eyes and raised her head up from the long table, only to see a lecturer standing right beside her seat. Glancing around, she came to the shocking realization that almost every other student's eyes were on her, all eager to see how the budding drama would unfold.

"Stand up, young lady." The angry lecturer commanded, snapping his fingers impatiently. "Right now!"

Obediently, Idara did just that. She was so surprised to know that he knew her name, because she was more of a loner, especially in class.

Looking down at the ground in-between her feet, Idara said, "Good morning, Mr. Suraj."

Dr. Suraj ignored her greeting. "Sleeping in my class, are we?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I dozed off."

"Is that so?" Dr. Suraj widened his eyes, marvelling at Idara's height. "So are you trying to say that my lecture is boring for you, Madam Tall Girl?"

"No, sir."

"Are you sick?"

"Not really, sir."

"So you are very healthy, yet you fell asleep in the process of an important lecture?" Dr. Suraj hissed with disdain. "Just look at your mates studying hard, and here you are, wasting your father's money. Can you imagine such nonsense!"

"Leave her alone, Mr. Lecturer." Anastasia intervened. "She's been having serious mood swings since yesterday night. Please don't make it worse."

Dr. Suraj marvelled at Anastasia's confidence. "Are you talking to me like that, young woman?"