CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.

11:39 AM.

Tayo pulled his car to a halt by the roadside, opposite a brown bungalow, which happened to be Idara's actual home.

“You're sure this is the place?”

“Yeah, that's my home.”

Earlier on, Idara had received a phone call from her father, in which he'd revealed a huge shocker to her, and now she was here on her father's request, feeling indifferent to the core.

“Are you all right, Elle?” Tayo put his hand on hers, super concerned. “You look spazzed.”

“I'm fine.”

“Are you?” Tayo squeezed Idara's hand mildly, earning himself a mystified look from her. “Don't pretend. Talk to me. I'm here.”

Sincerely, it was so nice to hear such comforting words from Tayo. She really needed them to curb her anxiety, and his firm touch on her hand solidified those words, giving her courage, and hope.

So, slowly, Idara's terrified look waned off and was soon replaced by a confident look, as she held Tayo's hand with love.

“It's nothing, babe.” Idara assured Tayo, steadfastly holding his gaze. “I was just worried about facing everyone in there,” she gestured in the direction of her home with her head. “But I'm less worried now. You've given me confidence. Gracias.”

Tayo searched Idara's eyes for a moment, before responding with, “De nada, mi amor. No hay de qué.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!” A boisterous laugh instantly sprang forth from Idara, as her eyes widened, fixated on Tayo's smirking face. “That's really impressive, T, for real!”

“Gracias, mi reina.”

“Whoa! Amazing! I see you've been taking your online Spanish lessons very seriously.” Idara cheered, amused. “I know I challenged you to learn Spanish just last week, but I never really expected you to grab it so fast. Wonderful.”

“Gracias.” Tayo did a mild dramatic bow with his body, smiling.

“Well…” Idara's excitement slowly disappeared. “I have to go now.”

“Hey.” Tayo held her shoulder, his voice ever so soft, and soothing. “Don't worry about anything, okay? Everything will go smoothly. I need you to be positive. Can you do that for me?”

Idara nodded after some hesitation. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“No, don't tell me you guess so. I need to hear you say you can!”

“All right, I can. Yes, I can!”

“Nice!” Tayo delighted in her renewed optimism. “That's the spirit!”

Idara smirked mildly at that, resting her head on Tayo's hand which was still on her shoulder.

Instantly, Tayo's heart fluttered at her lovely gesture, which prompted him to say, “And hey, I'd love to go with you, but this is not exactly how I planned to meet your father.”

Idara chuckled, before planting a honest kiss on his hand. “I understand. Don't stress.”

Joyfully, Tayo dropped a kiss on her forehead in return. “I love you, babe.”

“I love you even more.” Idara raised her head, blinking repeatedly, as she went straight for another kiss on Tayo's lips, closing her eyes slowly.