CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.

-
-
-

Four days later. Sunday. 8:03 AM.

Dressed in a dark brown halter top and tight, faded shorts with a pair of clean black sneakers on her feet, Candice stood in a long queue of people waiting at a bus stop for the next transit bus. She was the last person on the line, and it angered her immensely because she had other places to be.

Yomi's crib, for example, was the first place on Candice's list. She wanted to pay him a surprise visit today before doing the same to her other boyfriends' houses. But the slow-moving queue was practically killing her and wasting her precious time.

Candice almost wished she could grow angelic wings to fly away from there, but she knew better than to wish for the impossible.

The morning sun was becoming brighter, and Candice knew the implication of that on her skin. Worse, she'd forgotten to carry her trusty umbrella along with her when she left her hostel. Only God Himself could save her from the scorching hands of the hostile sun when it finally comes out in all its majesty. She definitely didn't want to be around there when that happens.

As though her desire had been answered, a pure white Mercedes Benz halted on a separate laneway adjacent Candice's spot. The black-haired middle-aged man in the car smiled at Candice, gesturing at his car door with his head. Without thinking twice, Candice walked up to the man's car and got in the passenger seat beside him.

Comfortably seated, Candice gave him a once-over and automatically figured that the man was undoubtably good-looking and loaded. She could tell that the man was nothing short of a millionaire from his expensive outfit and the type of car he drived. His friendly smile alone reeked of luxury. Pure luxury. And she loved it.

Wearing a wide smile on her face, Candice said "Hi, handsome!" with a voice that was entirely different from the way she normally talked.

"Hello, angel." The man greeted back, ogling Candice's exposed laps like nobody's business. "My name is Titus. What about you?"

"Candice," she said, taking notice of his lustful stare. "That's my name."

Titus grinned, holding out a hand to Candice. "Wow. What a pretty name for a gorgeous woman like you. I'm pleased to meet you, angel."

Although his pick up line was very cliché, Candice didn't mind at all, as long as it came from a millionaire's mouth. She shook his hand with gladness. "Pleased to meet you, too, Titus."

Titus nodded, refusing to let go of Candice's hand. "So what is a sexy damsel like you doing in a crowded bus stop?"

"Waiting for a bus, obviously."

"Oh, really?" Titus arched a single brow. "Where are you headed?"

"Yaba."

"Unbelievable!" Titus exclaimed jaw-droppingly. "That is my destination, too. What a coincidence!"

Candice blinked at that. "It's a small world, isn't it?"

"Indeed, it is." Titus shook his head in wonder. "How about I give you a ride? Do you mind?"

Candice shrugged. "Nah. I don't mind. Really."

"All right, then." Titus offered Candice a half-smile, releasing her soft, pale hand from his grasp. "Fasten your seat belt, baby. We are about to go on a wild ride!"

__________

By 8:45, Candice entered a big, black gate and walked across the corridor until she was standing in front of a huge marble door. She didn't even bother to greet some of Yomi's neighbors who were chilling in the compound, looking at her.