CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.

-
-
-

After alighting from a yellow 'danfo' bus, Jordan and Isioma entered their school's main gate and walked all the way to the Sports Center to rest for a while. They went into a small, enclosed court where they both had a perfect view of the ongoing game of basketball.

Funnily enough, they'd barely started discussing when a yogurt seller passed by with his fancy cart.

Quickly, Isioma went to meet the man and bought some snacks for herself and Jordan. Then, she returned to her seat and handed Jordan's snack to him with utmost care.

"Whoa. Thank you, buddy." Jordan offered Isioma a nice smile in appreciation. "Very much!"

Isioma smiled back even nicer. "You're welcome, JD."

"Yeah. So, what do we talk about?" Jordan inquired, opening his inviting snack in haste. "'Cause I really suck at starting conversations."

Isioma chuckled, crossing her legs. "Yeah, I figured. But, um, has anyone ever told you you look like Chris Brown, JD?"

"What?" Jordan almost choked on the first sip of his yogurt. "Me? No way!"

"Yes way!" Isioma argued, cocking her head jauntily. "The only difference between you both is the height. And maybe, um, the cheekbones, too." She chuckled again. "Plus, um, the nose. Your nose isn't that straight like Breezy's. What a bummer."

Jordan scoffed. "Indeed."

Isioma took a bite out of her sausage roll, sipped from her cup of yogurt, swallowed, and then said, "So, um, kidding aside, there's something bothering me, JD."

Jordan's nose twitched as he asked, "For real? What could it be?"

"It's about Yomi and Candice." Isioma sighed. "You know they are in a relationship, right?"

"Yup. Sure."

"Okay, that's good." Isioma had a serious look on her face as she spoke. "Pay attention to what I'm about to tell you, okay?"

Jordan nodded.

"All right. So, four days ago, Candice and I quarreled over her fake love for Yomi." Isioma explained calmly. "That night, she'd just returned from her outing with him, and she brought a lot of good stuff back home. Out of excitement, Candice narrated almost everything that happened between she and Yomi to us, her roommates. Then, after listening to her story, I playfully asked her just one question, which was: "Candice, do you love Yomi?"" Isioma inhaled deeply. "Guess what she told me."

"What'd she say?"

Isioma exhaled softly. "She said, in quote, "Yes, I do. Only for his money, though.""

"What?" Jordan frowned. "Did she really say that?"

"Yes, she did. I swear to God."

Jordan's frown thickened as he shook his head in shock. "Damn. I find this so hard to believe."

"Same here. I can totally relate." Isioma said, shaking her head too. "How you feel now was the same way I felt when I first heard those words from Candice's mouth. At first, I thought it was just a joke until I questioned her further and realized she wasn't kidding. I swear I was dumbstruck for a moment. I couldn't believe my ears at all, Jordan. Can you imagine such wickedness?"

Jordan didn't even know what to say to that. He just sat still, staring at Isioma's face without blinking his eyes at all.

"The problem now is that-" Isioma continued, "-I don't know if I should inform Yomi about it or just mind my business." She sneezed, blinked twice, then looked Jordan deep in the eyes. "I really need your advice, JD. What should I do?"