CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.

After a long day of massive flexing, the only thing Candice wanted to do right now was to have a warm bath and sleep peacefully, but she met an angry-faced Yomi sitting on his desk the moment she walked into his crib.

“Where are you coming from?”

“Sorry?”

“Where are you coming from, Candice?” Yomi reiterated with bloodshot eyes. “I won't ask again.”

Candice was beyond shocked at Yomi's harsh tone. “Babe, why're you being so aggressive on me like this nau?” She said, dropping her handbag on the floor. “You of all people should know that I'm just coming back from work.”

“Oh, please!” Yomi fired. “Spare me that bloody crap. You're lying, and you know it!”

“Oh, am I?” Candice said, arms akimbo. “What even makes you think that I'm lying to you, Yomi?”

“This!” Yomi flashed his phone's screen straight at Candice, as he got down from his tall desk. “Look at this, Candice!” He thundered, walking towards her. “Look at this!”

Dazed to the core, Candice just stood still, watching as Yomi swiped to other pictures of she and her sugar daddy kissing in public.

“Explain this, Candice.”

Although she was frozen on the spot, Candice felt her lips quivering, and her heart tensing up. “Who… who sent you those pictures?” She stuttered helplessly.

“It doesn't matter.” Yomi said tersely, his eyes piercing hers like sharp blades. “Answer my question, now!”

If there was anything Candice was really good at, it sure as hell was maneuvering her way through tight spots. It was a skill she'd mastered through many years of living a reckless lifestyle, and she'd never for once doubted her prowess when it comes to deceiving men and getting away with literally anything, until tonight with Yomi.

There's always a first time for everything, after all.

In just a split second, Candice had already racked her brain as best as she could, to no avail. Her mind was as blank as a fresh sheet of paper—she honestly couldn't think of any reasonable thing to say.

“But baby,” her eyes darted to the wall clock, “this is just six o'clock nau. You're attacking me so harshly as if I came back very late or something.”

“Candice, are you normal?” Yomi spewed, his face somewhat sweaty. “Don't you freaking change the topic!” He pointed a finger to her face. “Tell me what I want to hear, now!”

Candice swallowed hard, frightened. “Okay, okay, okay.” She was literally trying her best to avoid his fiery glare. “What do you want to know?”

This time around, Yomi pointed his phone's screen directly to her face. “Who is that man?”

“That's... That's my uncle.”

“Liar!” Yomi slammed her immediately. “You're a bloody liar!”

“Baby, I'm serious. That's my uncle!”

“Who the hell kisses their uncle in public?!” Yomi shook his head, aggravated by Candice's dishonesty. “You're such a cold-hearted liar. Damn!”

“Yomi, look at those pictures very well.” Candice suggested, acting brave. “If you take a closer look, you'll see that he kissed me on the cheek, Yomi. ON THE CHEEK!”