CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.

After what transpired between Yomi and Idara just yesterday, Idara hadn't been the same again. She felt like utter garbage anytime she recalled the pathetic incident, and — as if that wasn't enough — the fact that Yomi called her earlier to inform her about everything concerning his trip with his so-called "lover" (including a lovely poem which he got from her yesterday) amplified Idara's pain like never before.

However, somehow, Idara attended her final class for the day, and then met with Anastasia and Isioma at a cool spot close to the school library, where she then narrated her ordeal to the ladies, who were both beyond astonished after listening to Idara's plight.

“Honestly, I've never been hurt like this since I was born.” Idara added, slapping a hand to her forehead with regret. “I'm such a fool.”

Anastasia rested her elbow on Idara's shoulder, giving her a pitiful look. “Don't say that, Dara. You are not a fool.”

“Yes.” Isioma agreed with Anastasia. “You're not foolish for loving someone. You're just unlucky, that's it.”

“Exactly!” Anastasia exclaimed with a firm nod. “Maybe it's just not meant to be. My advice? Forget about that guy and move on. He doesn't deserve you.”

“Says who?” Idara complained, looking at Anastasia with glazed eyes. “You keep telling me to move on like it's that easy. Obviously, you don't care about my own feelings, Asia. All you care about is that I accept your brother's proposal, because you think he's my Mr. Right or something. Ugh! Am I a toy to you?”

Anastasia was clearly caught off guard by Idara's accusation, but somehow, she stayed calm and collected as she said, “No, Dara, I don't see you as a toy at all. As a matter of fact, I think you're blinded by your emotion, and maybe a little bit confused, too.”

“Why? Because I love Yomi instead of Tayo?”

“Bingo!” Anastasia snapped her fingers in confirmation. “Like, how on Earth would someone in their right mind prefer shooting shots at a person who clearly has no interest in them, instead of settling for the one who adores them with their whole life? I mean, does it even make any sense to you?”

“Asia, has it ever occurred to you that maybe I just consider Tayo as a friend and nothing more than that?”

“And has it ever occurred to you that maybe Yomi only sees you as his best friend and nothing more than that?”

“Babes, stop this.” Isioma intervened softly, glancing between her friends. “Come on, chill out, both of you. It's not worth it.”

“Totally not.” Anastasia hissed in annoyance, standing up from the long iron bench. She then grabbed her crossbody bag from the ground after saying, “I gotta go.”

“Huh?” Isioma was clearly surprised at Anastasia's outburst of anger. “Where are you going to?”

“Anywhere else but here,” replied Anastasia. “I can't put up with Idara's attitude anymore. It's better I leave before I say something hurtful to her.”

Before Idara or Isioma could even say a word to Anastasia, she left their presence without looking back at all. Just like that.

“Wait. What just happened?”

Idara couldn't even heave a response to Isioma's rhetorical question, for she was also in shock over Anastasia's awkward departure, but as fate may have it, Idara's phone started ringing all of a sudden, snatching her attention like a magnet.