CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.

Slowly, Candice's eyes opened and the first person she saw was a stranger sitting beside her, before spotting Yomi on the other side of the bed, sitting next to her as well.

She noticed that there was a medical drip connected to her left arm, which she found somewhat awkward.

“She's awake.”

Yomi heard the nurse and looked at Candice at once. “Goodness! At last!”

Candice coughed, confused. “What happened?” She asked, feeling light-headed.

“You fainted.” Yomi got up, stroking Candice's forehead. “God, you have no idea how happy I am to see you talking. How do you feel?”

“A little weird.” Candice tried to sit up. “Ouch!”

“Sorry.” The nurse said, patting Candice's shoulder. “Just lay low. You need to rest.”

Candice nodded obediently, as Yomi helped in laying her back down.

“What exactly did you just feel, ma?”

“A sharp pain in my head.” Candice said to the nurse. “It was swift and sudden like hell.”

The nurse nodded, mentally dissecting Candice's reply. “That's normal, considering the fact that you slammed your head to the floor earlier.”

“Darn.” Candice muttered. “I don't even understand what's going on right now.”

Yomi sighed. “Well, Candice, this is Nurse Titi. She works in a nearby clinic.”

“And I'm Yomi's neighbor.” Nurse Titi interrupted Yomi. “Apparently, you passed out, Miss Candice, and Yomi here was freaking out so much, thinking you were dead. Fortunately for him, or for you both rather, I happened to hear the noise he was making while trying to revive you, so I jumped in and saved the day. That's pretty much it.”

“Wow.” Candice breathed, holding her head with one hand. “Thanks.”

“You're welcome.” Nurse Titi said, getting up from the bed. “I know you're having a headache right now, yeah?”

“Yes.”

“Heavy or light?”

“It's a slight headache.” Candice replied. “I feel sick.”

“Ehya.” Nurse Titi empathized with Candice. “Personally, I think you're just stressed out, Miss Candice.” She placed her hand on Candice's forehead, smiling. “But we can't make assumptions anyhow. I suggest you go to a hospital for a check-up, as soon as you can.”

“Yes, I agree.” Yomi nodded. “This is the second time you've experienced that weird cough you once told me about in my presence. I think we need to a see a doctor.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Candice shut her eyes tightly. “Man, this headache is killing me.”

“Sorry, miss.” Nurse Titi comforted her. “How about we go to my clinic right away? I need to give you a proper treatment.”

“Nah, that's not necessary.” Candice opened her eyes, wagging her head slowly. “You've done enough for me. Thank you.”

“Seriously, I don't mind.” Nurse Titi insisted. “Let's go.”

“Look, ma, I really appreciate your concern,” Candice said, “but that's not really necessary right now. I'll be fine. Don't worry.”

“Hmm. Okay.” The nurse nodded, checking the medical drip on Yomi's hanger. “I've already prescribed some drugs for you to Yomi. He'll get them for you soon. Okay?”