CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.

-
-
-

Hesitantly, Idara collected the big, red cup from Candice, and then she took three slices of bread from the small tray, despite the disapproving look Isioma was giving her from her own seat. Clearly, something wasn't right about such kind act from Candice of all people, and Idara was well aware of that fact, but she had to accept the tea regardless, because Yomi's eyes were also on her, carefully watching her every move.

"Come on, Idara, take a sip and tell us how it tastes." Candice said, still smiling sweetly. "Pretty please?"

"Candice," Isioma called out sharply before Idara could do anything stupid, "why don't you drink it instead and let us know how it tastes, huh?"

"Oh, sure stuff." Candice uttered softly. "My cup is right here."

"Oh, no, no. Not from your cup. I mean from Idara's."

Instantly, everybody except Idara looked at Isioma in a weird manner.

"And why would I do that when I have my own tea, Isioma?"

Isioma furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "Weren't you the one who said that Idara's tea is special?"

"Correction: I said I reserved it "specially" for her, smartass. Don't get it twisted."

"Whatever. Just sip the damn thing already, Candice."

"Fine." Candice snatched the cup from Idara and took a sip of the iced tea in it. "Satisfied now, Aurora?"

Having seen Candice's action, both Idara and Isioma sighed with relief at the same time. "Yes, that is just perfect." Isioma faked a smile at Candice. "So, how was it, anyway?"

"It tasted like heaven." Candice handed the cup back to Idara as she returned to her seat. "I mean, I made it, after all. Y'all shouldn't expect anything but pure bliss."

On hearing that, everybody else except Idara and Isioma started devouring their food like cannibals.

"Excuse me, guys." Idara said as she stood up, dropping her food on her seat. "I have to use the restroom ASAP."

"Atta, girl." Alice said with a nod. "Be safe."

With that, Idara left the group and went straight to a nearby female restroom. The moment she stepped out of the restroom, a gasp of astonishment escaped her mouth, because Candice was standing just beside the door.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." Candice scoffed, scrutinizing Idara from head to toe. "If it isn't Idara Thompson, the hopeless romantic herself."

"What is it this time, Candice?" Idara swallowed hard, trying to stay calm. "What do you want from me?"

"Answers." Candice replied sharply. "I want to know why you hesitated in accepting my food back there."

"Nothing, really. I guess I was just a little nervous, or something."

"Lies." Candice rolled her eyes in disbelief. "You probably thought that I poisoned the tea, didn't you?"

Idara didn't respond, but her body language gave her thoughts away.

"I thought as much." Candice said, flipping her long blond hair stylishly. "So, even if I really wanted to terminate you, did you really think that I'd do it with so many people around? Oh, you're such a clown, Idara. You know I'm not that dumb, right?"