CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.

To Tayo, Idara's call was nothing but a miracle from heaven.

Earlier on, he'd been living his normal routine at work; dedicating his undivided attention to his customers, minding his own business as usual, until he got Idara's call.

Little did Tayo know that he'd end up chilling with Idara in a cinema tonight.

They'd actually just finished seeing a movie titled The Fault in Our Stars, and they were both left spellbound after the experience.

“God, that movie is amazing!” Idara confessed, twirling on her way out of the cinema. “So amazing!”

Tayo laughed at Idara's antics, watching how her creamy ocean blue mini-dress swayed around her body. “I couldn't agree more, dear!”

“I'm telling you, man!” Idara gasped dramatically, her eyes wide open. “That legit has to be the best film I've seen this year!”

Tayo smiled, nodding. “True. Me, too.”

In all sincerity, Tayo had never seen Idara so happy and beautiful like she was tonight. She was wearing light make-up and a brown shoulder-length wig on her head, which he found pretty cool. He'd long noticed her undying love for the colour blue, so he wasn't surprised about her crochet purse and fancy sneakers which were both hues of blue and white.

As if that wasn't enough swag, Idara actually held a bottle of Pepsi with its standard blue, red and white logo matching her outfit big time.

“See you looking all bluish and whitish.” Tayo complimented her in a rather silly manner, nudging her arm playfully. “You definitely look like a Pepsi ambassador.”

“Eww! No way!” Idara gave herself a once-over, chuckling. “Yeesh! I'm afraid it's true!”

“You see?” Tayo sipped from his own Chapman bottle, nudging her arm again. “I'm always accurate.”

In order to come up with a perfect comeback, Idara had to study Tayo's outfit for a moment. Basically, he was wearing a brown cap, a sleek wine-colored jacket with grey stripes, an off-white T-shirt inside, coupled with a fitted dark blue jeans, and a pair of reddish palm slippers. The man surely had a dope fashion sense.

Facially, Tayo would've been spotless, if not for the tiny birthmark below his lips. But it didn't disfigure him in any way, though. He was still ravishingly handsome with those thick black sideburns, mustache, goatee and those small, cute black eyes.

There was literally nothing Idara could troll him with, and she hated that so, so much.

“Let me guess, you just finished checking me out and realized that there's nothing you can yab me with, right?”

Idara scoffed, smiling, letting her eyes roam around the amazing amusement park. “You're just lucky, man, that's it.”

“Oh, really?” Tayo's eyebrows quirked. “Did you really just say that?”

“Yup.” Idara sipped her drink with a silly glance at Tayo. “And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.”

With a devilish grin on his face, Tayo said, “Okay, we'll see about that.”

Honestly, the next thing that happened was hilarious. In a split second, Tayo actually snatched Idara's wig and started running away with it. Laughing uncontrollably, she chased him around the park until they both entered a lovely garden and crashed on its lawn.