CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?

After being robbed of their personal belongings, Yomi and Idara hastily returned to Yomi's car, as they had no other choice as to where to go.

They were both wet and cold, due to being exposed in the rain for too long.

Yomi currently had mixed feelings: gratitude and anger. Gratitude to God because the robbers didn't harm them, and anger because he'd been robbed of his hard-earned money and phone.

Fortunately, Yomi had two bank accounts: his business account and his own personal account. The credit card he'd been with during the robbery was for his personal account, and the money he'd saved in that account was over three hundred thousand Naira; the same money he'd been planning to use part of in setting up Candice's new apartment.

But the money wasn't really Yomi's problem. The painful part for Yomi was his stolen phone, which contained a lot of important contacts for his business. As a professional hair stylist, a lot of Yomi's customers were wealthy men and women who preferred home services by Yomi himself, rather than his employees who weren't as skillful as he was in the business.

He would've felt better if the robbers had only taken his money and phone and left his SIM card for him. So much better.

“I hate this day.”

Idara sniffed, her eyes closed. “Me, too.”

Yomi shook his head, holding back tears, trying to be a man.

“But we are alive.” Idara added, stroking her terribly wet hair. “We are lucky.”

“Yeah, we are.”

Idara sighed, opening her eyes. “So, what now?”

Despite being angry and teary-eyed, Yomi knew that he had to be calm and think straight, in order not to make matters worse. “Honestly, I don't know, Dara. I would've suggested we try boarding another vehicle, but we don't even have any money. Besides, there's hardly any vehicle moving along this road since the last bus we saw before. I'm confused.”

“Boy,” Idara muttered, “this is one hell of a night, indeed.”

Yomi sighed, scratching his neck in thought.

“Maybe we should just sleep here in your car for tonight.”

“What? After all the stress we've been through today?” Yomi objected calmly. “Hell, no.”

Idara frowned. “Come on, we have no other choice, Yomi. After all, it's just for tonight, not like we're living here forever.”

“No.” Yomi said. “I'm too tired to sleep in this car. I need a place where I can sleep comfortably and forget my worries, Dara.”

“Mmm.” Idara sighed, thinking. “Wait a minute...”

Yomi blinked, expecting Idara's next statement.

“You have a GPS on your car, right?”

“Yes.”

“And you have your business' credit card right in your car's glove compartment, right?”

“Yes, why?”

Idara squinted her eyes in response, smirking.

Yomi instantly understood what she was driving at. “Oh!” He exclaimed. “Idara, you're such a genius!”