CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.

-
-
-

Tuesday. 9:01 AM.

A fancy, snow-white Mercedes Benz pulled up into the spacious corridor of a huge mansion which looked like something from paradise itself. After turning off the ignition, a well-built man stepped out of the car and went over to the other side to open the car door for his newfound pretty young thing.

Chattering, they both walked into the building while holding hands as if they were long-term friends or inseparable lovers from a romantic soap opera.

When they arrived at the biggest living room, the fairsome lady saw a lot of expensive furniture that ornamented the whole place like King Solomon's palace, but the most important items she noticed were the picture frames on the walls. In them, she saw photographs of the same man standing beside her, and his family: a very beautiful, thick woman and two fine children-a boy and a girl.

"Wow. They look like you o!" Candice said in admiration. "I mean, the kids."

Titus smiled proudly. "I know, angel. I get that a lot."

"Ha! I bet it makes you feel good."

"Of course, why not?"

Candice smirked. "I figured. And, um, I have to admit, your wife is a very good-looking woman, Titus. She's even more shapely than me."

"Says who?" The smile on Titus' face waned away at that. "God forbid. She's an old creature. I wish I met you before I married her, angel. You are everything a real man needs in his life."

Candice felt so flattered that her head almost popped like a balloon. "Aww, that's so sweet of you, Titus. But, er, where are they all now?"

"My wife and kids?"

"Yes, your family." Candice confirmed. "I hope they're not around o, because I don't want anybody to break my small head with a very strong mortar like this."

Titus laughed, draping his arm around Candice's waist. "Don't be afraid, angel. They travelled to Benin City just yesterday, and they won't be back till Friday. So, it's just you, me and my gateman on this premises, baby. We have all the time in the world to flex."

Candice was deeply relieved to hear that. "Okey-dokey, Mr. Titus. If you say so."

"Come on, angel." Titus whined, his face expressionless. "Why don't you bless me with a pet name instead of addressing me by my name every time?"

"Really?" Candice chuckled. "You want a pet name? Like what?"

"I don't know. Just anything nice you can think of."

Putting a finger on her chin, Candice gave it some thought before saying, "Um, how 'bout Chinchilla?"

"God forbid." Titus snapped his fingers over his head for emphasis. "Give me a better one, baby."

"Sunflower?"

"No, it sounds girlish. Try again."

"Tootsy-wootsy?"

"No." Titus shook his head. "Too childish. You can do better."

This time around, Candice looked him deep in the eyes, and then said, "Okay. So what do you think 'bout Obim?"

"Kai." Titus' face lit up at that. "I love it, angel. The way you pronounced it sef is enough to make a man release in his pants."

Candice laughed. "You are not serious o," she rolled her eyes as Titus playfully kissed her soft, left cheek. "Nawa o. You didn't even offer me a seat sef. How ungentlemanly of you, Obim."