CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.

-
-
-

When she returned from the distant store with Tayo and Anastasia, Idara was beyond surprised to meet the others sitting on some iron benches in the Lagoon Front, playing a nasty game of Truth or Dare. Somehow, they all happened to be the only ones relaxing there tonight, but Idara wasn't sure, so she looked around and figured out that - for what seemed to be the first time in history - there were no other students or security guards in the area but just the group, all by themselves. It was complete freedom like never before.

Luckily for them, the illumination from the bright streetlights didn't really cover the small area where they occupied, which technically meant that there were less chances of them getting caught if the game got nastier with time.

On their arrival, Yomi asked Idara, Tayo and Anastasia to join the game, and, of course, they agreed without hesitation.

"So what are the rules?" Idara asked as she sat down on a big, old log of wood, referring to nobody in particular. "I need to know."

"There is only one rule," said Isioma, who looked somewhat drunk right where she sat. "Just one rule, baby girl."

Idara raised an eyebrow. "Which is?"

"No darn rule!" Isioma guffawed, sipping from a chilled bottle of Heineken. "It's a pure game. Raw. Wild. Nasty. No long talk. You in or you out?"

Idara noticed that all eyes were on her. If she said no, then the others would probably take her for a weakling and a killjoy, so she said, "Okay. This sounds fun. I'm totally in."

"Right choice, baby girl." Isioma gave her the thumbs-up, before asking, "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

Isioma cackled. "Are you a virgin?"

Shyly, Idara looked down and said, "No, I'm not."

"Whoa! Like, for real?" Isioma and Yomi exchanged glances. "But you look so innocent, baby girl. I can't believe this. Who deflowered you?"

"Does it really matter, miss?"

Isioma gave Yomi a fiery glare. "Oga, respect yourself o. I wasn't talking to you, sir. And, no, it doesn't really matter. But now that you asked, why do I have this feeling that you were the one behind it?"

Yomi frowned at once. "With all due respect, I need you to shut your silly mouth, miss. Stop saying what you don't know. Idara and I have been bosom friends right from our mothers' wombs. She's, like, two years older than me, and, apart from that, she's my legit alter ego. Someone I call fam. So wudup?"

Isioma burst out laughing. "Baba don vex o. See how he's even explaining as if he wants to cry," she took another sip of her beer and facepalmed amid laughter. "Guilty conscience don flog am tire. Sorry, sir, you hear?"

Laughing calmly, Candice intervened with, "Please can we just move on with the game, people?"

"Oya, go on, babe." Isioma nodded at Idara. "Sharp sharp, abeg. No time."

"Okay. So, Uncle TY," Idara smiled at Tayo, "Truth or Dare?"

Tayo smiled back. "Truth."

"Mmm. Why are you so tall?" Idara demonstrated with her hands, wide-eyed. "You are taller than everyone here. What's the secret? Let us know."

"What kind of dumb question is that?" Betty's voice was incredibly loud. "It's in his genes, for heaven's sake. Ask him something dirty jor. Stop being a softy already."