CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.

Today's lecture was more like torture for Idara. She was physically present in class, but her mind was in another different realm entirely.

Of course, her thoughts dwelled on the heartbreaking occurrence between she and Yomi last night. She'd thought about it for a long time until she dozed off, thinking that a good sleep would probably help her cool off, but the reverse was the case this morning.

How on Earth was she supposed to stay away from Yomi, her best friend, her companion; someone she actually sees every blessed day in this bloody department? Just how?

It was like having a mirror in one's room and ignoring it for no solid reason, or trying to avoid one's shadow for no just cause. How possible could that be?

It really wouldn't be easy at all for Idara to cope, because, honestly, Yomi was her perfect reflection and her unavoidable shadow. She didn't think she could do this without having a mental breakdown soon. She really didn't think so.

Amid these thoughts, however, someone suddenly covered Idara's eyes from behind and said “BOO!” with a deep, loud voice.

Idara flinched, almost jumping to her feet. “Jesus!”

The person behind her chuckled, before whispering these words into her ear: “Guess who it is, baby girl.”

Idara smiled, having figured who it was. “Isioma, you filthy sucker!”

Isioma burst into laughter, uncovering Idara's eyes. “Heck! You got me.”

“You're crazy.” Idara giggled, as Isioma joined her on her seat. “What're you even doing here?”

“Seriously?” Isioma crossed her arms. “I never knew I now needed an invitation to come to my friend's class.”

Idara rolled her eyes at that. “You know what I meant.”

“Trust me, I don't.” Isioma said dryly, a deliberate dull look on her face. “But it kinda sounded to me like you wanted me to go.”

Idara facepalmed, sighing. “Isioma, cut it off. We're not doing this now.”

Isioma calmly unfolded her arms, laughing. “Okay, killjoy. I've stopped.”

A deep sigh of relief escaped Idara's lips. However, that relief was short-lived as she spotted Candice coming into her class.

“What's wrong?” Isioma noticed Idara's awful facial expression. “Talk to me.”

Idara kept her eyes on Candice, who was busy securing a spot for herself on Yomi's seat.

“Idara?”

It wasn't until Isioma followed Idara's line of sight that she got the whole drill. “Oh, heck. I see what's going on now.”

Idara slowly looked down, shaking her head in pity for Yomi. If only he knew the demon he was moving with. If only.

“Dara,” Isioma called, “look at me.”

Idara raised her head, breathing in. “Mmm?”

“Look, I wanted to tell you something before, but I decided to save it for later.” Isioma said. “But maybe I should just tell you now.”

“Okay?” A curious Idara said, listening attentively. “Go on.”

“Okay.” Isioma rubbed her hands over her face quickly. “So, well, I got this, um, weird text from Yomi last night.”