CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.

Sunday, 8:20 AM, exactly three days after Idara's family's reunion.

“So that's the house over there, down the road.” Mike announced, as he and Isioma alighted from a tricycle. “The big-ass one with the fancy painting and stuff.”

“Oh.” Isioma's eyes traced Mike's index finger till they landed on a unique two storey building. “Are you sure?”

“If I wasn't sure, will I be here with you? Of course I am.”

“Perfect.” Isioma said, savouring the classiness of her surroundings. “What a nice estate. No wonder bikes and tricycles aren't allowed here. Anyway, what now?”

“Now, let me give my sassy step-sister one last call and hear what she has to say.”

“Touché.”

Mike phoned Candice, and she picked up on the second ring. He made sure the call was on speaker.

“Well, hello there, little bratty brother.” Her voice carried its usual sauciness and exasperating humour. “It's been a while since we talked. What gives?”

“Heaven knows I'm not in the mood for your BS.” Mike said, noticing Isioma's intense stare on him. “I know you blacklisted my number, which is why I couldn't reach you for days. And I've sent you numerous texts to undo what you did to my friend, but you didn't reply any of 'em. This is the last attempt I'm making now, your final warning, your last chance. Are you really sure you want to go down this lane?”

“Hold on a sec. Did you just call her your friend?” Candice's laughter annoyed both Isioma and Mike like mad. “How funny! Little Mike here seems to be so thirsty for his little kitty's coochie, so now he calls her "friend" as a form of disguise, just to lead her on till he penetrates her deep and hard, or soft and slow, whatever the case may be. I know you, Mike. I know how you think!”

Mike shook his head, embarrassed, albeit not for himself, but for his sister's immaturity, as he deemed it fit. “Has anyone ever told you how sick you are?”

“Boy, I don't need validation from anyone!” She boasted. “Harley Quinn got nothing on me baby!”

“Look, Candice or whatever your name is,” Isioma spoke up fiercely, apparently fed up with Candice's antics. “We are not here for jokes. As a matter of fact, we have something that can ruin your life here with us, and we are willing to give it to the person you least expect, and best believe, she will mess you up if she gets this information. Are you still willing to take that chance, or will you simply do what's right?”

“Oh, I never knew that the kitty herself was right there the whole time,” a giggle escaped from Candice's mouth. “Well, regarding what you just said, that is just a sizzling, steaming pile of bullcrap. Y'all ain't shit, for real.”

“You think so?” Mike chipped in. “Well, since you have left me with no choice, I guess I'll just have to do this.”

“Do your worst, Mike. Nothing's gonna happen.” Candice declared. “Like I said, y'all ain't shit, and that's a fact.”

“Okay!” was the last thing Mike said before cutting the call, then he faced Isioma, as he pulled a small brown envelope from his crossbody bag.

“You heard the lady.” Mike said, giving it to her. “Go prove her wrong. I'll wait for you.”

“With all pleasure, Mike.” Isioma grabbed the item from him, a wicked grin on her face. “With all pleasure!”

Mike crossed his arms, watching as Isioma catwalked into the estate, heading straight to Mr. Rochas' sweet, lovely, and peaceful home.