CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.

Calmly chewing a bubble gum, Candice walked into a white bungalow with two armed men—one ahead of her, and the other behind her. Both men were dressed in black outfits, smoking weed like nobody's business.

Judging from the way Candice walked and spoke freely with them, one could easily tell that she'd known these not-too-nice-looking men for a long time, and that she was someone dear to them.

Anyway, on arriving at the parlor, Candice saw the main person whom she came looking for: Mr. Eli Pablo, the big, bad boss himself. Of course, the boss was very happy to see Candice, and his excitement showed through the way he hugged her so tight that it was all she could do to not choke.

Gladly, Mr. Eli released Candice and offered her a seat, then he sat down after she was seated on the opposite couch.

“Get us some wine, boys.”

“Yes, sir,” replied one of the macho men. “I'm on it.”

“Nah, don't worry about that, Danladi.” Candice glanced at the tall, hefty man, and then smiled at the boss as she crossed her legs. “I truly appreciate your hospitality, sir, but I'm strictly here for business. Let's save the chit-chat for another day.”

“Hmm.” Mr. Eli nodded, sensing that Candice wanted to speak with him alone.

With just a wave of the boss' hand, the other men exited the parlor to God-knows-where, giving Candice and their boss their desired privacy.

Clearing his throat, Mr. Eli spoke with a deep voice, saying, “So what brings you to the lion's den, my Sweet Candy?”

“A job, as usual.” Candice replied, grabbing an envelope from her handbag. “A very urgent job, if I may add.”

“I see,” said Mr. Eli. “What could it be?”

“Here.” Candice tossed the envelope over to him. “Check that.”

Catching the envelope, Mr. Eli opened it to see two photographs of two young women wearing matriculation gowns with a smile on their respective faces.

“Hmm. Names?”

“The ugly brown-skinned b*tch is Idara,” Candice answered, swallowing her bubble gum. “And the other pretty one wearing make-up is Isioma.”

“Are they students of Unilag?”

“Yes, sir.” Candice nodded. “Check the back of the pictures; you'll find all the information you need straight up.”

“Good girl.” Mr. Eli smiled when he looked behind both photos. “This should be a cakewalk. But first, let's talk about the price. You know I don't joke with my money.”

“Sure thing, sir.” Candice removed a document file from her bag, which she then dropped on the table. “That is two hundred and fifty thousand Naira, boss. I'll balance it up after the job is done.”

“Okay. Good.” Mr. Eli grinned at her. “And, by the way, I don't have to count it, because I trust you.”

Candice grinned back in response, feeling honored.

Glancing between the photos in his hands, Mr. Eli asked, “So what should we do to them? Torture them or boom-boom?”

“Both.” Candice moved her hand across her neck in one swift motion, as if she were slitting her own throat. “I want you to kill 'em brutally for me, Mr. Pablo. Make no mistakes at all.”