CHAPTER 26: PROOF.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 26: PROOF.

At exactly twelve-thirty PM, Danladi walked into Yomi's salon for a fresh haircut. He was delighted to see Yomi finishing up with a female customer upon his arrival.

As typical guys, the first thing that Yomi and Danladi did was shake hands while hailing each other aloud, and then Yomi asked him to sit on the swivel chair and wore a black barber gown for him when he was seated.

“Hey, bro, I heard about what happened to you and your friend last night, man.” Danladi said, eyes fixated on the wall mirror. “I'm sorry about that.”

“Thanks, man.” Yomi said, sterilizing his clipper. “Who told you, though?”

“Have you forgotten I'm dating your friend's friend?”

“Anastasia?” Yomi mentioned, his eyebrows pulling together. “I should've known. News travels fast, I guess.”

“Damn right, bruv.” Danladi said. “I wasn't happy at all when I heard the news, so I decided I'd come here to offer you some support or something, at least to keep you from committing suicide.”

One of Yomi's new female workers chuckled, albeit not deliberately.

Yomi looked at her sternly. “Well done, Grace. Is that what I'm paying you for?”

“Sorry, sir.”

“Sorry for yourself.”

Danladi smiled. “Poor Yomi. Guy, leave the innocent girl alone jor,” he teased. “After all, she's not the one that robbed you. Let her vibe along.”

“Danladi, if you don't keep quiet, I'll personally ruin your hairline today. I guarantee that.”

Danladi's smile turned to a smirk. “Do it. I dare you.”

“Screw you, bro.”

Danladi simply laughed at that, as Yomi started barbing his hair.

“So, have you gotten a new phone?”

“Yep.” Yomi said. “Not new, though. I just took my old Android phone and inserted my old SIM card into it the moment I got back home today.”

“Oh, that's cool.” Danladi said. “But I'd have retrieved my main SIM card if I were you.”

“I never said I wouldn't.” Yomi said. “As we speak, Idara is retrieving hers and mine at a well-known complex in Oshodi. I gave her all the details and stuff she'll need, so I should be getting mine this evening, at least.”

“I see.”

“You know, I never knew that you and Anastasia were already dating.” Yomi said dully. “When did this thing start?”

“‘Thing’, you say?” Danladi quoted. “For your information, what we share is not just any common ‘thing’! I love her sincerely.”

“That's what they all say.”

“I'm serious, guy.” Danladi opposed. “Anastasia is not just anybody to me. I mean, agreed, I was once a reckless playboy, but things have changed. I'm now a changed man. I don't live like that anymore.”

“Man, I don't know about you, but this is just super hard to take in, especially when it's coming from a heartbreaker like you.”

Danladi chuckled. “I see it's gonna take more than mere words to convince you, but you know what? I'mma prove you wrong.”