CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.

-
-
-

At nine o'clock on the dot, Candice stumbled into her dormitory with her high-heeled shoes in her hands. She also held several fancy plastic bags in the crooks of her long arms as she plopped down on a lower bunk, due to exhaustion. All of Candice's roommates started hailing her like their lives depended on it, all because of the tantalizing goodies which she brought back home.

"Welcome home, Sisi Eko. We all thought that you wouldn't return today." Alice teased as she snatched one of the bags from Candice's arm for herself. "I trust you had fun with that rich yellow pawpaw guy, right?"

"You bet!" Candice admitted dreamily, closing her eyes with her head inclined. "In fact, fun is a complete understatement. I was simply in paradise."

"You don't mean it!" Betty exclaimed, crossing her arms curiously. "Gist us nau. Tell us what happened."

"And we mean, all of it!" Isioma emphasized from the top bunk where she laid above Candice, browsing the Internet with her mobile phone.

Candice opened her eyes and grinned. "Gosh, it was frickin' amazing," she dropped all the items she was holding on the floor and stood up to undress. "Would you believe that guy actually took me to a fine restaurant at Yaba to wine and dine? I swear none of Unilag's joints can be compared to that one. Their food was so delicious that I almost got on my knees and begged for more, like Oliver Twist."

Everyone burst into laughter, including Candice herself.

"Girls, I'm serious, though." Candice said amid laughter, slipping her jeans off. "So when we were done there, he took me to a dope-ass boutique to get some classy bracelets and necklaces. They're all in that purple bag on the floor."

"Oh, boy!" Betty jumped up from the stool she was sitting on and rushed over to pick up the light purple bag. "Woo!" She exclaimed in shock when she saw its content. "This is... This is... Ha!"

Candice cackled at Betty's antics. "I totally saw that coming. Everything's beautiful, right?"

"Over-beautiful sef." Betty affirmed loudly, apparently blown away by the glittering jewellery. "Dem too fine, abeg. The guy really tried."

"Betty, come here. Let me see," requested Alice, who was busy eating a rich sausage roll which she'd taken from the small bag she collected earlier.

Pulling her top off, Candice uttered, "Do you people want me to proceed with the gist or not?"

"Please, go on, Candy," Isioma replied too chirpily. "I dey feel you wella."

"Oshey!" Candice twinkled her eyes playfully, tossing her sweaty clothes over to a heap of dirty clothes under an old, large desk. "So where was I?"

"The boutique part." Isioma recalled. "Where you both got the whole stuff from."

"Yes. On point." Candice sat down back on the bed with a wide grin on her face. "So after that, we went to the beach where we got ice-cream and played on the sand and danced and sang and blah blah blah. We even took tons of pictures with his phone sef. Some of 'em are on my phone. I couldn't collect everything. And here comes the funny part about this entire thing," Candice paused abruptly.

"What's that?" Isioma was literally dying to know. "Tell us, please."

Candice facepalmed comically. "You girls won't believe that we legit went from the beach to this guy's apartment to chill for a while, yet nothing serious happened between us till I left there."