April 22nd,1:05:28 PM

Anna nervously tapped her foot against the hard cold floor, digging her finger nails into the armrest of the chair. The prison visiting room wasn't very friendly. Water dripped rhythmically somewhere to the right, and a clock that was pinned to the wall ticked.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

She stared at a gravy stain on her hospital gown, attempting too hard to focus on something else than this. 

This. 

There was a man sitting in front of her, a man who looked hard and sad and desperate. He had scruff growing on his chin, and years of acting school told her that the way he carried himself and tremors of his hand were side effects of alcoholism. 

Figures

There were guards waiting right there, she knew, in case he tried anything, but she also knew he wouldn’t. He didn't seem like the type to. The man finally spoke, and Anna kept her eyes pinned to the ground. She had agreed to go, but it was hard facing the man who had almost killed you and left you with a head injury to haunt you for the rest of your life. 

“My name is John Winchester.”

Her head snapped up then, unable to resist. The redhead stared at the man in shock.

“John…Winchester?!”

Nononononono

It has to be a coincidence. 

It’s a coincidence. 

Right?

The criminal nodded.

“Dean’s father. I’ve met your brother.” A hint of bitter amusement passed in his eyes. “Nice boy.”

Anna took a deep breathe, glaring down at her knuckles that were turning white from clutching her hospital gown in an effort to contain herself. This was Dean’s dad, the person who she had grown to love as a brother. This was Sam’s dad, the cute kid who she had just met but had started to grow fond of. This was Cas's possible future father-in-law, and that piece of information sent her over the edge. 

John saw her expression, and hurried talking on in a rush. 

“Listen, girl, I set up this meeting to tell you how sorry I-”

Anna put up her hand- which took quite a big effort, mind you, considering- to silence him, and the Winchester father closed his mouth in an instant.