December 3rd, 8:25:02 PM

There was a chorus of cheers as Dean expertly popped open the bottle of champagne, spilling some on the floor of The Roadhouse and earning a look from Ellen, who Cas had learned ran the bar they were currently at, and was the wife of Bobby.

Cas didn't have much time to worry about the mess though, because Sam and Jess were already helping Jo, Ellen and Bobby's daughter, clean up and then suddenly, Dean was kissing him.

He heard the click of Anna's Polaroid and the world melted away; The kiss was soft and gentle and chaste and this time there were no fireworks or sparks, but something better – a wave of warmth that filled him up, spilling out from his heart and the warmth of Dean's lips on his and rushing to every corner of his body: the cracks in between his toes, the crooks of his elbows, the tips of his ears. Every inch of him is saturated with love.

Dean was the first one to pull back, both catching theirs breaths as they grinned at each other. Cas held his soulmate's face in his hands. "Dean," he breathed, "I-"

"Okay, okay, you all need to settle down." Ellen scolded, and the whole group rushed to find a seat at the counter. Dean sighed, grabbing Cas's hand and finding two seats for the both of them next to Sam and Jess. "I made dinner for all you hooligans, because ya'll need to eat something instead of chugging down drinks." There was a collective groan, and Ellen let out a smile, ruffling Dean's hair while she set down plates of burgers. Cas liked her immediately.

They ate, laughing and talking and poking fun at each other throughout. Somewhere to the right, Jo complained about too many tomatoes on her burgers and Eric accidentally poured 10 times more ketchup than needed onto his plate, causing Anna to snort out in laughter. Sam was wiping off Jess's mustard mustache with his thumb, and Dean was telling Ellen stories about Bobby at work enthusiastically with a deep voice and a fake mustache he made by holding up his index finger below his nose.The (insanely bad) impersonation was setting Ellen into a laughing fit, almost hunched over and holding her stomach.

It was perfect.

"Alright guys!" Anna yelled out, holding up her beer, rather tipsy, "I have something to say!"

"When don't you have something to say?" Dean asked, earning laughter and a (slightly off) eye roll from Anna.

"Let her speak, guys," Cas said, knowing from previous experience that Anna would get out what she had to say no matter what, and everyone went quiet.

"Okay! So! I just wanted to say that I am so proud of my baby brother-"

"You are literally two minutes older than me!"

"For recovering and staying strong, stronger than anybody I know, and...and...for kicking ass out there in catching Agnesse and testifying...and...." Anna drifted off, out of words, "Yeah!" She finished, thrusting a fist into the air, "To Cas!"

There was a chorus of kind of cheesy but nice nonetheless "To Cas!'s", making the blue eyed boy blush crimson and Dean kiss him on the cheek, beaming.

Dean dragged his lips down to Cas's ear, making him squirm. There was a warm hand on Cas's upper back and Dean's voice was rough as he spoke. Whew.

"Listen I know you're kinda the guest of honor here but uh..." Dean cleared his throat, and Cas was very much aware of Dean's hand slowly making its way to his tailbone, "why don't we get out of here as soon as we can, huh?"

Cas felt giddy, finding weird pleasure in the way Dean was treating this like some kind of one night stand...thing. Feeling bold, he smirked, looking at his soul mate under his eyelashes and ignoring how this was his first time trying to flirt and he had no idea what the hell he was doing. That and the fact that he was in public, sitting right next to his sister. He forgot all of that, because honestly?