February 26th, 5:08:29 PM

Disclaimer: at the end of the first part, I leave what Dean and Cas do after Dean says the holding hand thing to imagination, but just know, that they don't do the do. I repeat, they do not do the do. This is important for later on. They have their clothes on. 

Other disclaimer: Literally the most romantic thing that's ever happened to me is that my guy best friend and I were walking and our hands accidentally brushed. I've never done any of the things Cas and Dean do in this chapter, so I'm sorry if you're like extremely experienced and find my description wrong or inaccurate; I am literally basing all my knowledge off of the millions of books and fanfics I've read.

It was an unexpected question, but Cas should’ve seen it coming. They hadn't really been much for physical intimacy, they weren't the type, but the 19 year old supposed that at some point one of them would cave in and just go at it. He hadn’t, of course, expected the ordeal to go down so…bluntly. 

“Do you wanna make out?” 

“What?!”

Cas opened his eyes. He was resting; his head on Dean’s lap while the Winchester read the 4th book of Harry Potter. They sat comfortably on Dean’s bed, the ceiling fan making a swish noise in the quiet afternoon. While still in Dean’s lap, the 19 year old craned his head to get a better look at Dean’s face. Cas swatted at the huge novel gently, pushing it down to glance at the green eyed man. Dean’s expression was casual, as if he had just asked if he wanted to stay over for dinner or what his favorite color was. There was a silence as the soul mates stared at each other for a moment; Cas looking up at Dean with his neck in an awkward position while Dean looked down, huffing slightly. 

“I said, do you wanna-“

“No no no,” Cas shook his head, getting up so he didn't have neck pains later on. Dean uncrossed his legs and stretched them out as Cas sat beside him on the bed, making a content noise when his joints popped. 

“I heard you, I was just,” he paused, searching for the right word, “surprised, that’s all. You were very blunt about it and we don’t normally…do that.”

Dean furrowed his eyebrows, frowning as he stared at the crack in the wall on the upper right corner of the wall in front of him. “We don’t have to if you don’t want to. I’m not gonna force you into anything.”

“I never said I didn’t want to.”

Now it was Dean’s turn to stare in shock; looking with wide eyes at Cas’s profile. It was funny, in a way. They were acting as if what Dean had suggested and Cas had basically agreed to was something huge, and in a way, it was. Some soul mates dove straight into doing it the second they met, but in this affair, neither were the type of people to really go for it. Heck, they were still barely touching each other, blushing and looking away whenever things got too close for comfort. So venturing into these waters, were, in fact, a huge step into their relationship. 

“Um, so…?” Dean asked, his voice shaking. 

Cas let out a single quiet laugh, freaking out inside and nervous as hell, but he wordlessly leaned in closer anyway.