December 10th, 10:48:52 PM

"Come on angel," Dean rubbed Cas's shoulders as he stood behind the chair Cas was sitting in, "it's late. Come to bed."

He was pretty sure that his soulmate was on the verge on insanity, hunching over his desk constantly, with notes and textbooks spread all over. Hell, Dean was pretty sure that he had heard Cas mutter facts about macromolecules in his sleep-when he did sleep. He barely ate, ran purely off of caffeine, and got about 4 hours of shuteye a day.

Finals week sucked, and Dean wasn't even the one taking the finals.

Cas mumbled something unintelligible, furiously writing something down on an already crammed notecard. Dean had no idea how the hell Cas could even read what he was writing.

He sighed, massaging his soulmate's temples. "Come on, you've been studying forever."

"I've only been studying for a week, Dean," Cas groaned. "I got so caught up in the case that I didn't have time to...." he trailed off, muttering something under his breath and flipping through a green textbook with a picture of an owl on the cover (which, what the hell did that have to do with Calculus?).

Dean bent down, kissing the spot below Cas's ear that he knew was his weak spot. Sure enough, Cas let out a soft sigh of pleasure. He bent his neck, working his way down to the Milton's collarbone, pressing wet kisses, until Cas groaned, letting out a faint whine.

"Deaaaaannnn."

"Come to bed."

Cas huffed, reaching out for his soulmate's hand and clasping it tightly. "Literally stab me in the eye, it would hurt less than this."

Dean chuckled, nosing at Cas's throat.

"Yanno, when I was a freshmen in Briggs, some the upperclassmen used to tell me to try and get hit by the university vehicles because then we would get free tuition if we did."

"You college kids are crazy," Dean laughed.

"Mmmhmm," Cas agreed, leaning back in his chair and pressing his cheek to Dean's. "Very true." He let out a colossal yawn, out that showed evidence of the minimal sleep he had been getting in the past week, making his eyes water and Dean yawn as well next to him.

"Cas. Come on. Shouldn't you get some sleep today? Finals week starts tomorrow, so like, good night sleep, healthy breakfast, all that jazz. Right?"

Cas grumbled, finally standing up from his desk for what seemed like a year. Dean enveloped him into a hug, sighing contently as Cas dug his face into his shoulder. "I feel like this is the first time I've seen your face. S'always buried in a damn book."

"I promise you, Dean, then when finals are over, we'll barricade ourselves in the bedroom of my apartment and not come out until one of us dies or runs out of food."

"No clothes required," Dean added, waggling his eyebrows.

Cas snorted, hitting Dean's shoulder lightly before walking towards the door, grabbing his pajamas off the hook and going into the bathroom. "You perv."

Dean claimed he didn't like it when Cas wore his pajamas to bed, he would rather him in just a pair of shorts like when they slept in the summer, but really, he liked it when Cas wore them. They made him soft and smell like lavender and something else wonderful that Dean couldn't quite place a name on. He loved burying his face into Cas's chest at night when he wore them, inhaling him in, when Cas smiled that smile he smiled when Dean did so, like they were the only two people in the world. When Cas ran his hands through Dean's hair, always there, always next to him, constantly reminding him with just his presence that he was not alone. Not anymore. Not like before, where John was always gone and he had to raise Sam by himself, always worrying about mortgage and food and getting evicted rather than making friends with anyone, even his own brother.