April 1st, 11:08:43 PM

Dean didn't quite know why himself, but he would rather climb into Cas’s window every time he wished instead of doing the proper thing and just using the front door. There was something nice about it, daresay, romantic, and he knew that although Cas complained about it often, the Milton secretly loved it too.  

That is, boundaries came into question when Dean once randomly climbed into Cas’s bedroom with no warning (as usual) only to find him aggressively mouthing the words along to the “Best of Both Worlds” by Hannah freaking Montana and dancing really badly. 

Dean still hysterically laughed whenever he thought about it. 

That was the day that Cas had made it a rule for Dean to text or call, then wait for Cas’s reply. before he came, so the Milton could force Shiba out and make sure he wasn't doing anything super embarrassing that Dean would tease him about for the rest of his life. When Dean had suggested that that rule only existed so he didn't walk in on him jacking off, Cas had shoved him, rolling his eyes and burying his nose back into his book. 

Today was April Fool’s though, and as Dean expertly climbed into the tree he figured that if he didn't call at least this time the only thing it would do was just ruin the joke he had planned. And it was a pretty damn good joke.

He climbed inside Cas’s room smiling, then immediately tensed up, his whole body going into defensive mode. 

The first clue that something was wrong was the dark.

It was completely pitch black in the room; which was weird because Cas hated the dark and always kept a lamp on even when he wasn’t in his room. Dean had teased him about it when he found out, but Cas quickly shut him up by reminding him that he was terrified of cockroaches. 

The second thing he was aware of was the sound. Faint and barely noticeable unless you were listening hard for it, it was a quiet noise that resembled…crying?

He craned his neck toward the sound coming from the bed; he couldn’t see a thing, and hesitantly walked forward a few steps. 

Okay, this shit is officially freaking me out.  

He was just about to call out Cas’s name when his noise twitched, making contact with something it didn't like. Out came a thunderous sneeze, followed by ferocious more. It was Shiba, he presumed. Frightened, the feline meowed softly and scampered out the room; the door was wide open but the whole house was dark so Dean still couldn't see a thing. 

As Dean’s sneezing stopped he realized that the other noise coming from the bed had stopped as well, and he froze, terrified. For some reason, the Winchester felt like he had been caught doing something wrong, like he was stealing something instead of visiting his boyfriend like he did almost everyday. 

The voice was rough, small, and pitiful, but Dean had heard it more than enough times to know who it was.

“Dean?”

“Cas!”