January 23rd, 4:49:31 PM

Cas was slightly erratic. 

“Dean, I’ve literally spent all my time that I’m not in college with you, I’m falling behind in my studies!”

“Oh studies shmudies, I’m more important.”

“I can’t just follow youaround everywhere in your dingy old car.”

Dean gasped, rubbing the steering wheel of his Chevy Impala lovingly. “Don’t listen to him baby.” he told his beloved vehicle. “You’re beautiful.”

Dean had called Cas as soon as his classes had ended, and, after about 30 minutes of constant nagging, had dragged him into his car for a “surprise”. Cas could tell that Dean was giddy with excitement, and with each mile they drove his joy radiated outwards. Dean was a balloon ready to explode with adrenaline. The Winchester tapped his foot in time to the faint music he kept in the background, obviously trying to keep his breathing steady, earning an eye roll from his friend in the passenger’s seat.

Cas scoffed and crossed his arms, pouting. “I have somewhere to be….!”

“Like where?”

“Um….”

Dean raised his eyebrows at him when he couldn’t answer, and the Med student just resorted to biting his nails distractedly. 

Reaching over, Dean swatted Cas’s hand.

“Hey!”

“Stop doing that, you know it’s bad for you!”

Fuming, Cas crossed his arms in frustration. “Are we there yet?!”

“We’ve been in the car for 15 minutes. Calm down.”

“So?”

“We’re a minute away.”

Dean finally parked next to a garage near Panther Creek, with a lit up sign that said “Revved up!” on it. Men covered in sweat were working on multiple cars, yelling at each other for tools and bottles of water. 

Cas looked over at Dean with his eyebrows furrowed when his friend took the key out of ignition and gestured over to the garage in a this is it! kind of way. 

“You’re taking me to work?!” he said, bewildered, and frankly, slightly annoyed. He really had somewhere to be…..

“You’ll see.”

Dean hopped up out of his car, and started strolling towards the garage. He took out his cellphone, stopping next to doors, and Cas saw him dial someone’s number.  

Cas tentatively got out of the car, resisting the urge to just walk home. He enjoyed Dean’s company; he really loved it, but there were some limits. Taking someone to their work was a limit.

Dean talked to the person on the other end of his phone for a moment, then walked back to Cas looking all determined. He grabbed the other’s wrist and gently tugged him towards the garage. Cas felt uneasy, staring up at it uncomfortably as he rested one hand upon the car, resisting. 

“Cas, come on! Trust me!”

The med student just huffed suspiciously. 

They were only 3 steps away from the Impala when a man in his 60s emerged from the garage, wearing a baseball hat with a plaid shirt, his jeans hanging over his old worn tennis shoes. He looked intimating at first, coming out a garage with a rugged beard, but Cas looked over at Dean and saw his friend’s expression; one of love and admiration. Cas realized that Dean had probably known his man ever since he had started working here. Judging by the look on his face, Dean loved the old man. Cas noticed that he was holding a particular plastic carrier in his hand and had a backpack thrown over his wide shoulders.