November 23rd, 7:51:09 PM

They eventually decided to meet up at a restaurant instead of the Milton house, because Cas and Dean supposed Cas's parents couldn't make that much of a big scene in a fancy public setting. Anna had found out about the dinner and had said she wanted in because she was a part of the family too, goddamn, and so she was tagging along too.

Cas and Dean got there 10 minutes earlier than planned because the both of them were freaking out enough already and there wasn't any point to just waiting and worrying at home. They sat down at their table, Dean fidgeting with his blazer.

"It's alright Dean," Cas eased, fixing Dean's tie for him and smoothing down his blazer, resting his hands by his side, "you look fine."

"I feel like I'm slowly morphing into one of the Blue Brothers," Dean grumbled, and Cas pretended to get that reference, "I can't believe I let you talk me into buying this."

"I want you to make a good impression on my parents. Like you're a serious man." Cas slapped Dean's hand away when it wandered up to mess with his tie. "And besides." he paused, grinning, "you look more like a seventh grader at his first dance."

Dean rolled his eyes. "They've already met me!" he snapped. "They know me really well, Cas, if you remember. And why are you wearing the same thing as me if that's the reason?"

"Dean, I know, but they're probably going to judge you really critically now that-"

"Okay, before you guys start throwing shit at each other, just know that I'm here." Anna suddenly appeared out of nowhere in a black dress and hair up in an elaborate bun, sitting down to the right of Dean. Cas raised his eyebrows at Dean, to pass the message that See? She's dressed nice too and Dean huffed at him, scowling.

She took a look at the couple and smirked, remarking, "You too look like a couple of dorks in those monkey suits."

"Anna! You too?"

She shrugged, looking around for a waiter. "I need a drink before this starts."

"That's illegal." Cas pointed out, "Not to mention just plain bad for you."

"You're one to talk, Bob Marley," Anna retorted, and Dean unsuccessfully tried to hide a snort of laughter. Cas sighed, still not getting any reference that Dean or his sister ever threw at him.

"Listen," Anna started, suddenly serious as her hazel eyes widened urgently, "Mom and Dad are pissed. Really pissed."

"At me or Cas?"

"At the both of you, Dean." she told them, then added, giving them a look, "With good reason, I may add."

"Hey!" Cas protested. "We literally just got over our whole self pitying thing, okay?!"

"Yeah well, I'm still kind of pissed at you both too. It took like, 78 years for you two to get your shit together."

Dean crossed his arms, huffing at her, "Says the one who was all whiny for months after her accident. And the only way she got better was because of meeting her soulmate."

"I got hit by a car!"

"I got raped!"

"Cas," Dean said in a gentle voice, and Cas noticed that a lot of people were looking at him. He cleared his throat, calming himself down. Anna gave him an apologetic look.

"Listen, I didn't come here to side with Mom and Dad, or start a fight with you two." Anna reached out and took his hand, squeezing it; Cas let her. "I came here because I wanted to be here for you and Dean when the 'rents get really pissed. Mom especially." Cas took a deep breath, nodding. "You know how bad she gets."