January 19th, 8:25:19 AM

"Cas. Cas. Cas!" Dean shook his soulmate roughly from where he was engulfed into a pile of blankets. "Come on angel. Wake up wake up wake up!"

Cas groaned in his sleep, rolling over and letting the blankets wrap themselves over him like a burrito. "Suck my ass."

"You say such sweet things," he retorted, smiling a toothy smile. Cas huffed, dipping his head down so only his wild hair was sticking out.

"Dean," Cas groaned, the blanket muffling his voice, "it's ass-o-crack in the morning."

"It's 8:30."

"Exactly."

Dean sighed, giving up on shaking Cas and instead resorted to lying down on the bed next to him, slipping his leg in between (what he thought were) Cas's. Cas hummed contently, leaning back more into Dean.

"I can't believe you're the little spoon in this situation," Dean teased.

"Okay, but always remember who's always on top when we-"

Dean kneed him gently on the tailbone with his other leg, making Cas laugh. "Come on, angel, I have like a whole day planned."

Cas made a sound somewhere in his throat. "You're such a romantic, you manly man man, you." He unrolled himself from the confinements on the blanket, letting Dean pull closer and drop his lips to his throat.

"I just want today to be special," Dean explained, feeling himself turn red nonetheless.

"I get that it's our one year anniversary," sighed Cas, turning around to face his soulmate, "but can we just lay here in bed all day?"

"No," Dean said firmly, pulling at his elbow. "Come on. Let's have a quick breakfast then go to the park." He paused, propping himself up when he didn't get a reply. "Remember? Remember that one park we went to that day of I went to the hospital? Let's go again. It was fun."

Cas smiled lazily, stretching and opening his eyes to squint at Dean. "Okay, let me just grab my tan trench coat so I can look less of a pedophile." Dean sighed, sitting up on the bed to try to get Cas to do the same. "Also, can you grab the white van, darling? I just want to assure the moms there that we're not there to stare at their children."

"Cas!"

"Okay, okay," grumbled Cas, sitting up slowly, and Dean chuckled as he rubbed his back. "Let's eat then go stare at children."

"We're not staring at children, Cas, we're-"

He was cut off with a soft press of lips and a tangle of arms around his chest, which was rude, but Dean had had worse things happen to him then the faint scratch of stubble and the feel of Cas all around him, enclosing him in with warmth and happiness.

January 19th, 3:02:24 PM

"I just realized that this is kind of becoming like Central Perk for us," Dean stated, sipping his coffee and looking around the coffeeshop where they had met for the first time. "We come here a lot."

Cas just nodded absentmindedly, staring thoughtfully at his coffee that was all prepped up with cream and sugar and other fancy shit. His face was pale, and he was fiddling with something in his pocket, but what worried Dean the most was that he wasn't retorting that they had been here a grand total of 5 times. Cas never passed up a chance to tease him.

"Hey buddy? You alright?" Dean asked, knitting his eyebrows together. "You haven't said much since the park."

Cas blinked too hard, as if startling out of a trance. Dean relaxed; maybe this was just another one of his spacing out moments.