December 1st, 1:09:49 PM

They were in the deli eating their sandwiches when it happened. Cas started straight up hyperventilating in the middle of his sentence, his palms shaking and face red as he turned away from the tables to face the window.

Dean frowned, scanning the crowd that Cas was afraid of. Nothing. "Cas," he asked urgently, reaching out and taking his soulmate's hand, "what happened?"

Cas didn't reply, Dean doubted that he could in the state he was. The Milton squeezed his eyes shut, shaking visibly.

"Cas, talk to me. Are you okay? What happened to you?"

Still there was no answer, and Dean scanned the crowd once more. There were the normal amount of people here, nothing special. Two soulmates out for a date, a mother and her kids, a huge blonde woman, a-

Wait.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Cas was to the state of a mental breakdown, and Dean turned red when he realized what was going on. Breathing deeply and forcing himself to stay calm, he dialed Kate's number- he had it on speed dial for situations exactly like this- and didn't even bother saying hello when she picked up.

"We have Cas's rapist sitting less than 10 yards away from us. Tell us what to do."

*****

Kate was surprisingly calm about the whole situation.

"Okay," she replied without missing a beat, and Dean had the sudden urge to reach over the phone and strangle her. How was she not freaking out?

"Okay," she repeated, her voice suddenly changing into something more concrete, businesslike, "Listen to me very carefully. I'm going to call the police. I'm assuming that Cas is with you because you said 'us', so what I want you to do is to keep Cas away from her so she doesn't see him-make him go home if you have to-and just keep her where you can see her right up until she gets arrested. I'm going to put you on hold for a few moments, and call the police now." There was a click, and the line went silent.

Dean, with the phone still pressed to his ear, turned to Cas, who was looking out the window, face red and breathing heavily, and tried not to panic. A bubble of hysteria rose in his stomach, getting bigger and bigger as he clutched the phone in his hands so tightly that he was sure that he was going to break it. He swiveled his head around to stare at the woman, Agnesse, her name was, who was calmly drinking her tomato soup like she was a normal civilian and not someone who had raped a 20 year old boy on his birthday. Although the permanent scowl on her face and the dirt smudged on her cheeks was getting a few curious looks by that 5 year old boy sitting with his mom next to them, no one could've guessed that she was something very different than just an unpleasant woman.

The world was funny that way.

"Dean?" Kate spoke suddenly, "I've called the police. Have you gotten Cas out of the way?" Dean was frozen to the spot, unable to snap himself out of his trance, and couldn't do anything but stare at Agnesse.

She was wearing jeans that were scuffed at the end and a thick green sweater to protect herself from the December cold, although the sweater had a few small holes in it. She had long blonde hair that was tied up in a single braid down her back. Dean barely had time to wonder what she was doing back here, having run away after-

"Dean?" she asked again. "Dean, are you okay? Are you there? Is anyone hurt?"

"Dean," Cas hissed urgently, suddenly grabbing his hand, and Dean jumped because his soul mate's hand was really cold and shit, he needed to move and do what Kate was saying. He blinked, getting up way too fast and trying to keep a watchful eye on Cas and the woman at the same time. "Dean, what do we do?"